Gus or some other Venom user - please read (and help, hopefully)

• Members

The Vyzex Software did something weird

I was using Vyzex and came up with a very cool patch that sounded like a cross between the Minimoog patches on Welcome to the Machine and Have a Cigar, with all the appropriate filtering and modulation routings. Then I saved it to export.

That is when the weirdness began.

The blue MG Saw wave in the first Oscillator slot turned into a red Pulse wave. it was like sync was applied from somewhere, only I could not find sync being applied anywhere. Any attempts to turn the wave back into something else failed - it would only remain some manner of pulse wave. I finally decided to restore the whole thing to factory settings and try again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Members

I have a Venom, just for fun.  Also use the software but not too deeply.  Something to try is to make sure your Venom FIRMWARE has been updated.  Also there is a newer version of the VYZEX software out there from them - a recent release like a couple weeks or so - might be worth looking into.

If it is a hardware save issue, are you still under warranty?

BTW I am on the latest firmware and newest Vyzex and have no problems with it so far, but like I said I have not dived deeply into it.  Loaded some full banks, cant figure out how to load a single preset, have not saved any thing yet.  Do you want me to try something specific for ya?

Archived