Will we ever see a Roland SH-2 re-issue?

ih8microsoft

• Members

lot's of people would like to see these re-issued...but Roland is a forward looking company not backward looking...and also re-manurfacring a sh02 or a tr808 may not be feasable in 2013 unlike the ms20 mini...different chips that may not be available or the final price might be too high.

i hope Roland bring something out...but i somehow doubt it will be anytime soon.

• Members

Doubtful.

with the MS-20, Korg likes to take chances and they tested the market with the Monotribe and Monotron. And I think the MS-10/20 filters are really easy to replicate, so there were lots of 3rd party clones of them before the Monotron. But people have also done Roland clones so idk.

I would be not surprised - and a bit happy to see Roland jump back on the analog bandwagon provided they made something decent. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate.

Personally I want an SH-101 first. Sonically, it's easy to replicate even in software. But the form factor and feature set is near perfect for what it is and Roland can make them in colors and with keytar parts. And the prices on old ones are getting silly.

Archived