JMJ (Korg Mini Pops 7) on Virus B

• Members

Always wondered what that weird drum clicking sound was on the JMJ Oxygene album.

Apparently its the Korg Mini Pops 7 drum machine.

I found this site, which has a superb Access Virus KB synthesized version of the JMJ drum track.

http://www.perkristian.net/

Goto:

The studio / Access Virus KB synthesizer / Audio samples and patches here / Korg Mini Pops 7

Thats an incredible rendition

:eek:

also, that 'Jarrepad' sound is unbelievable :eek: :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Milos

Jote's or Per's?
:)

Sorry, Pers. Got some of his virus presets when he used to post on here which I see he's got on his site plus a few more now. Something else to put into my Ti!

Have you got a link to Jote's stuff - sorry, don't know him... :)

• Members

Originally posted by Mook

Something else to put into my Ti!

You have a TI :eek: You lucky, lucky git :D

If you ever get fed-up with it, im sure we could negotiate some kind of deal involving my JD800 :D

Im really getting into the Virus at the mo. Got my eye on a Virus B on ebay. (Not the one signed by Gary Numan BTW)

• Members

Hi guys and thanks for the comments!

I am still around, just haven't made much music lately. I think I need some kind of inspiration/purpose to kickstart the ol' music maker.

You're right Orangefunk, everything in Oslo/Norway is expensive, specially living in Oslo. Luckily I live on the countryside:D

Greetings

Per Kristian

• Members

It's a great place though and people are so nice... Was there 5 days at a meeting at SINTEF and gave a lecture at the university of Oslo... had a really nice meal in a place called Lorrys, then went up to the restaurant where the big ski jump is... caviar and smoked eel... all expenses paid too... had to be really, I could never afford it! :D

• Members

wow, hi Per.

Cool to see you on this forum.

I have a question. Is that wonderful 'Jarrepad' sound on the Virus KB Demo put through the 'Electro-Harmonix Smallstone phaser', or is it using purely the Virus' fx?

You are one clever sound creator.

Im hoping to get a Virus soon (probably the B) and cant wait to play some of your sounds.

Superb :thu:

• Members

Cools to see your still around!

And another question for you...

You say the Small Stone is available again, which I see it is. I'm a bit confused on the versions though - there appears to be USA and Russian made versions. Yours looks like the Russian one. Do you know if they sound 'that' different?

• Members

Originally posted by flat earth

wow, hi Per.

Cool to see you on this forum.

I have a question. Is that wonderful 'Jarrepad' sound on the Virus KB Demo put through the 'Electro-Harmonix Smallstone phaser', or is it using purely the Virus' fx?

You are one clever sound creator.

Im hoping to get a Virus soon (probably the B) and cant wait to play some of your sounds.

Superb
:thu:

It is using Virus Fx.

I have used it in Oxygene 2,4 and 8 and I love it.

I like Per to make a full bank of sounds.

I also have 2 other banks in the Virus with Jarre-sounds.

• Members

orangefunk

Hmmm, would be cool to have listened to your lecture, but I am not a student:) I work very close to the big ski jump though. You may now have eaten on more restaurants in Oslo than I have:p

flat earth

Yes, the JarrePad is pure Virus. The phaser is quite tweakable as the rest of the effects. The Virus KB is a very good synth. Even though it's now outdated a couple of times it still packs a punch! I'll stick to my KB, it's the best looking of them;)

Mook

I don't belive there is any signifcant difference between the USA/Russian models, just looks and maybe price. After what I can hear my phaser sounds just like the one Jarre used in his albums and that is the original USA version I think.

• 6 years later...
  • Members

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and searching for jarre's sounds I have came accross your info where you said that you have two banks of Jarre sounds on Virus. Would you be so kind to share them (free or paid)? I'm just playing for fun and try to program some sounds, however my results are rather far to what Per Kristian did.

Regards,

Kerad

Archived