Ensoniq MR 76 site

• 2 years later...
  • Members

IIRC, if you press any button on the sequencer, it goes to sequence mode where it responds to MIDI on all 16 MIDI channels. If Cubase sends a program change on each channel at the beginning of the song, you should be set.

So, the answer is "yes" but you can get Cubase to do that for you by recording the program selection for each track. Not sure the easiest way to do that, however.

Be aware that many of the MR's sounds use the global FX, but you get only one global FX to use for all tracks in 16-track mode. So, many sounds won't sound the way you might expect. (It's a little more complicated than that; you get 1 global FX, 1 insert FX, plus the global reverb bus, or something like that .. the point being there are limited resources and all tracks have to share them.)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

It is possible to reassign the pedal to another function. Resetting to factory is worth a try. When I get home I can check the manual for how to do that (if you don't know), and I can tell you where to check how the sustain pedal is assigned.

If for some (unlikely) reason the sustain input is broken, there's a chance you can get the sostenudo pedal input to work instead. We can burn that bridge when we come to it.

Archived