Change Octave on Korg Triton Le?

GigMan

• Members

Ok, Triton Le owners or previous owners - this is a call for help:

I need to boost one of the Combi string patches on my Korg Triton Le 61 (CinematicStrings - Combi B097) up one octave to play really high string lines - for the song "Thru the Years" (hate that song, btw :mad:)...

Anyway - I see that the "SW" button on lower left-hand side, above the joystick, is set to "1 Octave Down" - ie, if I push it and it lights up in it's little bright red/pink way, it shifts the whole patch down one octave... how do I change this, so that the SW button jacks it up an octave, instead of down?

BTW - I have the manual somewhere & if I don't get any bites on this post, I will RTFM... :lol: - it's just that I need to know this for a gig tonite & would rather spend the few remaining hours I have going over the tunes on the songlist then poring over a manual. :thu:

• Members

I guess it's hidden somewhere under modulations or AMS mixers or something like that... Skimming through manual would probably be faster than waiting someone's reply, though.

If I remember enough from X50, it should be fairly easy to find what you're looking for, just scroll through some pages of your combi.

• Members

I guess it's hidden somewhere under modulations or AMS mixers or something like that... Skimming through manual would probably be faster than waiting someone's reply, though.

If I remember enough from X50, it should be fairly easy to find what you're looking for, just scroll through some pages of your combi.

Yah, I've scrolled thru pgs. of the Combi - just can't seem to find where to change that setting... :o:facepalm:

• Members

Yep - that's it... I actually figured it out 10 min. ago, just RTFM... ha ha ha :lol::thu:

It's a pain, to have to dig thru menus just to change octaves... for that reason, I'd like to someday get a 76key synth to replace the Triton - or a machine that has a dedicated "Octave" button, like I think the Motifs do...? - it's a no-brainer to switch octaves on the fly. :cool:

• Members

I hate changing octaves. 88 keys rule.

They do rule - but if you play live, you need 2 keyboards in the rig & you will soon tire of dragging 2 88key beasts around... which is why the 2nd one is a 61 or 76 key machine, usually. :cool::thu:

• Members

I know that already. That's why it's great to have all-in-one board. PC3x is almost that. It only misses sampling. That's good to cover with a Triton or something like that. Or with a Blokey
:D

"Blokey" ? :confused:

But anyway, yeah - a PC3X and a Triton would indeed make a great live rig. :thu:

• 4 years later...

Archived