I want To Make My Own NIN Keyboard Stand anyone has the blueprints?

chick korea

• Members

Nine Inch Nails had their own crazy keyboard stands made up for their tours..

basicly, you have a column that goes up to about chest hight, and then you have something thats similar to a moniter arm that goes out that you put the keyboard on, that lets you swing the keyboard around... and move to duck whatevers being thrown at you...

• Members

What does Charlie mean that he doesn't need racks of hardware synths anymore, just because he has Logic? Guess maybe he's talking about how most software synths are pretty nice sounding which allows him to use software to fill out his tracks more, while still using hardware, but ultimately cutting down the amount of hardware he has cluttered in his studio.

• Members

That can't be too difficult to make. I doubt you could make it yourself unless you were very good with welding and that sort of thing, but the design is fairly simple enough.

If you know any welders, or people who might work with cars, or metals or anything like that, if you showed them the picture, and explained how it worked, they could figure it out.

It looks like a typical "arm" style thing, like you would find in lamps or for TV's, or eve like the old IMacs. Seems like there is a sort of hydraulic or spring thing coming from it though, I can't tell, but it would make sense, to keep the keyboard up. That aspect of it would be the difficult part.

I bet you could build it out of parts from a junk yard or something. I'm not ambitious enough to try though...

• Members

nin-stand.jpg

after looking at that image again.. here is a possibly clearer to understand version of the stand..

I'm tempted to see if i can get one done myself.. not sure about what to use as the spring though.. shock absorbers might be too stiff.. and also , it will be a pig to move as that stand is going to be HEAVY++++

• Members

It's a lot easier than all of this. Imo, you simply find a vesa-compliant monitor stand - no not one you'll get at Best Buy, a real one for medical use. Look around, I'm sure you could find this very thing. Build a vesa adapter that grabs your synth and you're there. But for pete's sake, sex? It's just a stupid stand.

I was very close to making a wall-mounted one for my SFX-60. Maybe still a good idea for the MD.

• Members

Originally posted by zarquin

nin-stand.jpg

after looking at that image again.. here is a possibly clearer to understand version of the stand..

I'm tempted to see if i can get one done myself.. not sure about what to use as the spring though.. shock absorbers might be too stiff.. and also , it will be a pig to move as that stand is going to be HEAVY++++

Yep, seems about right, however, I'd be willing to bet that the stand doesn't have a counter-weight built into it, but rather, it's probably mounted right into the stage floor, or, as I recall, the keyboardist was on a platform, perhaps it was mounted to the platform it's self... NIN could arrange for such a thing.

However, I also know that the keyboardist of Gravity Kills gigs with a VERY similar stand, and holding a DX9 I believe (one of the really really big ones), and it was in a small, {censored}ty venue, so they obviously had a self-contained stand... so it IS possible.

Probably expensive to have made though.

I'm sure you could use a Monitor-stand suitable, but the cool thing about the ones GK and NIN use, those things will literally support the players weight... easily. Not that it's recommended, as the GK player broke his finger getting it caught in the stand.. not good stuff... Still fun to think about though! But, I agree... certainly not as fun as sex... I mean, maybe if it's really bad sex... with a mule... but... sort of that...

• Members

Originally posted by Allerian

It's a lot easier than all of this. Imo, you simply find a vesa-compliant monitor stand - no not one you'll get at Best Buy, a real one for medical use. Look around, I'm sure you could find this very thing. Build a vesa adapter that grabs your synth and you're there. But for pete's sake, sex? It's just a stupid stand.

I was very close to making a wall-mounted one for my SFX-60. Maybe still a good idea for the MD.

YEA !!! YOU ARE RIGHT ..!! THAT IS A GOOD IDEA!

well . get me one and ill agree with you ...

love chick korea

Archived