Pics from Deadmau5' Studio (MODULAR MADNESS)

• Members

saw this on muffs, definitely a ot of gear! that modcan A rig is staggeringly large, ive only seen a few systems that large.

i was actually watching a deadmau5 live vid movie on netflix not long ago and picked out the buchla pretty easily from the sonic spectrum. believe he had one on stage.

i cant imagine the frustration of owning two 250e's and doing modern 4 on the floor dance music.

• Members

My first reaction was: Wait, isn't that the guy who said "All I do is press Play when I play live"? That's a lot of nice hardware just for pressing play.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/deadmau5-clarifies-press-play-comments-about-fellow-djs-20120625

But he does take pride in his studio work - I guess all that Buchla stuff does get played in the studio.

• Members

I think that he payed someone to set up a studio. I want to hear him do something with it. I think he is climbing the learning curve which is perfectly okay with me, but I would have started out small and grown into a larger system a couple of modules at a time.

• Members

Looks like he went "rich boy" nuts! I think he should have just gotten Reaktor.

thats my thoughts... and also why I can't get excited about "look at this MASSIVE setup" posts..

I just think it's stupid to give someone credit for just buying something when people with on average two keyboards, have more music out there than people with these monster setups.

i mean, my friends? sure pat the little guy on the back for being excited about something new.

rich people I don't know? no .. Im not jealous. I just don't know you and I don't care.

• Members

The guy is helping modular makers stay in business. Can't complain about that.

Exactly!

When I arrive in Heaven I'd love to be led straight to that room. Hell would be discovering the door is locked and there are no cables around to connect anything together.

• Members

I think that he payed someone to set up a studio. I want to hear him do something with it.

I don't know much about him and considering how little I've heard of his music I can't say that I'm a fan, but I do know that I watched a live-stream from his studio a few years back when he made Moar ghosts n whatever. What struck me was the analogue gear he sported, and indeed used. It's probably on Youtube, can't be arsed to check.

• Members

I decided to watch a live Deadmau5 concert on Netflix to see what the fuss was all about. I got about half-way through it then it hit me: I'm never going to get him. I don't have the right drugs. He just stands there and flings his right wrist to the beat. Good light show but as a stage performer I haven't seen anyone do less on stage, ever. And the music was relatively simple pre-recorded synth tracks at nearly all the same dance tempo.

I read he's worth $12m... :facepalm:

Archived