MO6 Black Key Raised/Popped Up

tjo716

• Members

A black key on my MO6 has popped up (raised from the others).  It still plays, but sits high.  Did a piece on it break or is there a separate piece that may have broken?  Either way, where could I find the key or piece that I might need?  And, any thoughts on how to open the MO6 up to investigate?

Thanks in advance

Tom

• Members

tjo716 wrote:

A black key on my MO6 has popped up (raised from the others).  It still plays, but sits high.  Did a piece on it break or is there a separate piece that may have broken?  Either
 way, where could I find the key or piece that I might need?  And, any thoughts on how to open the MO6 up to investigate?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Google the model name with the word spare keys or keybed parts and see where it takes you.

Probably a hock tab broken given you can still play it.

If your not handy with that stuff you may want someone who does that to repair it. It may need a lot of disassembly to get to.

• Members

My DGX620 did this with a white key the other day. I think I held the key down as I flipped it around to load for a gig. Somehow the key popped out of the hammer guide.

Anyhow, it required disassembly to the point where I removed and reinstalled that octave. Giant PITA. If you are not electromechanical,y adept.... Find someone who is,

Archived