Recommend me Ipad software to use as a sound source for live playing

bob moog

• Members

Reading who posted this I would say Animoog :) but no Animoog is not GM. Perhaps you maigh have look at Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer - it is somewhat QY series on iOS - sonds very GM but don't know if it is really GM, there is m16 GM sequencer on iOS, as well as Cubasis maight have something to do with GM, but most certainly you have to check this one

http://www.bismark.jp/bs-16i/

• Members

Yes, it can do portamento. It's a soundfont player, and supports all that soundfonts support, mono, portamento, filters, adsr, etc. If you're wanting to play with sound programming though, you'd probably have a lot more fun with the moog app or one of the korg apps, or maybe nanostudio.

• Members

Thanks, Hogger!

20 years ago I would have enjoyed playing with the programming; in fact, I am an accomplished programmer in my day job, and this makes programming pretty anything "not fun" anymore, even if it IS a musical instrument...

I would rather just call up a patch in a ROMpler, but the keyboard I'm using doesn't do portamento, and I need it..Imagine "Just What I Needed" without portamento....I can get away with a flanged sawtooth or something, but I *need* portamento.

Geez, I kinda wish I knew what happened to my old Casio SK-1! I could sample a sawtooth and be in business in six seconds flat!

BTW, thanks for the extra info, I didn't realize the depth of what's in a soundfont that you pointed out, I thought they were just collections of PCM samples.

So, now I need to get myself one of those camera connection kits...

Archived