No announcement yet.

Recommend me Ipad software to use as a sound source for live playing

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me Ipad software to use as a sound source for live playing

Looking for  the usual GM patches . A some nice strings,b3,brass,VH jump patch would be nice   

that  sounds professional .

Reading who posted this I would say Animoog but no Animoog is not GM. Perhaps you maigh have look at Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer - it is somewhat QY series on iOS - sonds very GM but don't know if it is really GM, there is m16 GM sequencer on iOS, as well as Cubasis maight have something to do with GM, but most certainly you have to check this one

http://www.bismark.jp/bs-16i/

Comment

Sampletank might be what you're looking for?

Studio: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Dave Smith Instruments Mopho - GSI Burn - VB3
      Live:
      Samson Graphite controller - SM Pro V-Machine - Mackie SRM 450 v3

Comment

Bs16i with a gm soundfont. Low latency, High polyphony, hundreds (probably thousands) of free patches and banks on the Internet.

Comment

• wesg
          wesg commented
          Editing a comment
          Can Bs16i do portamento? I need to cover some cars tunes that would more authentic with some fast portamento. Or is this a place where I should get that mini moog app instead?

Yes, it can do portamento. It's a soundfont player, and supports all that soundfonts support, mono, portamento, filters, adsr, etc. If you're wanting to play with sound programming though, you'd probably have a lot more fun with the moog app or one of the korg apps, or maybe nanostudio.

Comment

• wesg
          wesg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Hogger!

20 years ago I would have enjoyed playing with the programming; in fact, I am an accomplished programmer in my day job, and this makes programming pretty anything "not fun" anymore, even if it IS a musical instrument...

I would rather just call up a patch in a ROMpler, but the keyboard I'm using doesn't do portamento, and I need it..Imagine "Just What I Needed" without portamento....I can get away with a flanged sawtooth or something, but I *need* portamento.

Geez, I kinda wish I knew what happened to my old Casio SK-1! I could sample a sawtooth and be in business in six seconds flat!

BTW, thanks for the extra info, I didn't realize the depth of what's in a soundfont that you pointed out, I thought they were just collections of PCM samples.

So, now I need to get myself one of those camera connection kits...

Working...
      X