2 tier keyboard stand ?

Subaru

• Members

Are there any keyboard stands that have a height and tilt adjustable 2nd tier? most I've seen are all angled or they sit too high (most it seems)

and to add more to it I don't see how it's possible to have a laptop sitting on the stand as well.

I need it this way for some organ playing.

• Members

The 2nd tier of the Onstage Z726L stand that I use can be adjusted on three axes.  The vertical stanchions can be adjusted for height by simply picking the appropriate hole to use when attaching them to the lower part of the stand (using the "T" bolts).  The positioning of the upper support arms have a "front to back" adjustment that allows you to slide the arm forward or back - which is nice for adjusting where the front edge of the top tier ends up at.  The "front to back" adjustment doesn't have a huge range (1-2 inches) - but still very helpful in getting the upper tier right where you want it.  The upper tier arms can also be tilted.   Between the three axes of adjustment - it provides great control in terms of getting your upper tier board right where you want it.   Here's a link -->   Onstage Z726L

The only downside with the stand is that it's not the easiest thing to transport if you have to completely disassemble it.  Fortunately, I have enough space in the van that I just remove the upper tier arms - and transport the base fully assembled.  The stand is rock solid (I put a CP300 on the bottom and a Kronos 88 on the top) - and has a ton of space beneath it for feet and pedals.

As far as attaching a laptop - I had a buddy make an attachment that connects the 2nd tier stand.   It slips over the end of one of the 2nd tier arms - and is held in place by a pin.   It's a a simple length of 1.5" square tube - with large hole drilled into it at the bottom (which is what allows it to slip over the 2nd tier arm) - and a 6 x 8 piece of thin steel plate welded onto the top of it.   I use two 1.5" x 3" chunks of velco to hold the laptop to the top of the steel plate.   Here are a couple of pics ....

Picture of the Laptop Holder fixture -->  Laptop Holder Fixture

Picture of Laptop Holder on Keyboard Stand -->  Holder On Stand

• Members

SpaceNorman wrote:

The 2nd tier of the Onstage Z726L stand that I use can be adjusted on three axes. 

The Z726L is Quik-Lok, not OnStage.

Subaru wrote:

Ouch on that onstage Z726L the main keyboard it only fits a 88 key and the 2nd can do 61 keys.. I need both to be able to hold 61 keys.

The Z726L is the extra wide version, the Z276 (without the L) is the regular narrower version.

The OnStage equivalent is KS7365EJ. Though if you like the Z-stand approach, I would also look at the the Hercules 410B.

There are also other styles of stands with second tiers that are height and angle adjustable. Quik-Lok has the Monoloth M-91 with M-2 tier, and also the WS-550 with the Z-727 tier (req. WS-562 accessory bar). 

My favorite would be the K&M 18880 with either the 18881 or 18882 stacker. Another K&M possibility could be the 18810 with the 18813 stacker.

There are probably others, those are ones I can think of off-hand.

Archived