X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money For Nothing intro

Any of you guys play this?

My rig is pretty limited in terms of synth sounds (no real synth in my rig), but I've layered two patches together that get me something close to the main pad right at the beginning.   I'm holding that sound with the damper and noodling on the Hammond with tonnes of reverb and a mostly-pure sine tone (000083000 or so).

Pad, I'm playing Gm, evolving to Cm, getting back to Gm.  I help the pad evolve by re-playing the notes in the chord with my left hand while the damper is still held up, letting the initial sound drone. Noodling on basically the notes in a Gm7 with the C..so I guess that would be the G minor pentatonic?

Anyhow, I'm not going for a note-for-note cover, but I'd like to at least invoke the mental imagery associated with the studio version. Right now I'm not even close. Anybody have any tips?

Thanks,
    Wes

Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?

Did u try transposing the guiitar tab notes to like a layered "amped organ" and a "distorted strat"?  Not sure what keybd tones u have.

E|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
    B|-------------6-------------------------------------------------------|
    G|-7--5--h7---------7--5---3--h2-0--0--2--0---2---4-----h2---0---------|
    D|-5--5---5---------5--5---3--h2-0--0--2--0---2---4-----h2---0---------|
    A|---------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|-----------------------6---------------------------------------0-----|
    G|-7--5--h7----7--5--h7-------h7--3--h2-0--0--2--0---------------0-----|
    D|-5--5---5----5--5---5--------5--3--h2-0--0--2--0--2--h4--h2----------|
    A|--------------------------------------------------2--h4--h2----------|
    Maarkr HW: Privia Pro PX-5S, Casio XW-P1, Juno-G, Lucina... Epiphone Les Paul, Schecter Hellraiser C-1, Peavey Valve King 112, Mesa Boogie 2x12, Ovation Celebrity, Ibanez Gio Bass... Alesis D5 EDrums, Yamaha HS-80s w sub, Saffire Pro 24 thru Mackie Big Knob; Live: Behringer B315D, Peavey PV118D, Roland KC550, Zoom R-16...etc. SW: Reason 6, Sonar X3, Reaper, Acid Pro, IKMultimedia , UAD1...

Comment

• wesg
      wesg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I don't have a guitar in front of me to check, but this looks a lot like the guitar riff that starts at about 1:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDJPiUPZxdc

I'm looking to do an abbreviated version of the stuff before the guitar (really) comes in.

Hi Wesg,

I transcribed this on Sunday. The chords are IMHO: Gm7 -> Ab6#11 -> Gm7 -> Ebmaj7 -> G7sus4

I finally got to a place where I have a webcam glued to the ceiling.

I forgot my sustain pedal, didn't create any arpeggiator or guide track, but I hope this video will be of some help:

P.S. It would be great to see others submitting their versions.

Comment

Working...
    X