• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Andromeda 2
Moog Poly
Roland Analog
Korg Analog with real keys, knobs, patch memory, arpeggiator and sequencer

Are as unlikely as ever... ;-)

Yamaha may bring out their next workstation.
Korg will bring out stuff that is small
Roland might bring out a workstation that runs on SN tech

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BillErickson View Post
The new Kromos?
Behold the Korg Krispy?

I'm actually expecting a new Motif. It's been 3 years now.

Also, a Venom substitute that you can actually edit from the keyboard itself?

A new groovebox from Korg - Polytribe?

DSI and SE already have new synths out, so they shouldn't have anything new to show.

• Members

Kronos OS update to make use of that touch screen; the sequencer and soft knob update in a Krome vein(but better). Perhaps even a new engine, like Z1(I know, talking about unlikely, the original coder is really unlikely coming back), or just retouched wind modelling.

Perhaps its too early to see, what Mike Martin meant, when he said that the XW-P1 is only the beginning. A new PD flagship from Casio combining both XWs in the mix as well as arranger functionality. A Casio MZ-2013, when everything is not enough!

Even hearing somebody talking about Andromeda 2 makes me have a small orgasm. Andromeda 2 as a flagship and a smaller 8 voice synth for more reasonable price and making actual business(Ursa Major and Minor)...OR a 8 voice, BUT a 3 oscillator architecture. New Andy might be improbable, but I understand, that they got their money back from the VA investments...perhaps there's something digital cooking to satisfy Ion/Micron/Miniak/etc fans, perhaps they even combined forces with Venoms designer to make really nasty VA with mean sample mangler. Actually, make it a Fission while at it; a workstation, that you can install different modules like M3 + Radias, but perhaps in an integrated fashion.

Kurzweil K3000 and Waldorf Str

• Members

I'm not in the buying mood, but I'd like to see Yamaha re-introduce an updated AN system. It sounded pretty decent but could have been a bit more knobby.

Every year since I had a Korg Z1, I've said I'd like to see them do it as a softsynth. Not likely though - enough people have asked for it with no results.
Are they going to do something with these mono-tron thingies?

Access seems overdue on the TI line. Anyone still have hopes for a Nord Lead 4 from Clavia?

Another thing I mention pretty much every year, is that it'd be cool if Kurzweil came out with a straight up controller. Something like the MidiBoard with anorexia, and some knobs, sliders, and ribbons.

Seeing as how I've been kind of waiting for some of these things for about 10 or 15 years, I don't ever realistically expect any of them to happen. But I still talk the talk every year. icon_lol.gif

• Members

I'd say a new Roland workstation. Korg is cleaning up just now with the Kronos and proves the market for a workstation is still strong despite economic conditions. Roland is missing out and needs to get back in this market soon.

And if Roland does release a workstation during 2013, one of them has my name on it! smile.gif

• Members

How do you guys have all that time to make such cool photoshops??

New Casios Pr3423
New Micro kronos
New update for the kursweil pc3 (you can change the Font type)
New Roland Portable piano Pr3 something
New V Acordion
New Acordion patches for the Nords
New New Yamahas Psr
New Price reduction On NI instruments
New colors for the Korg Krome
New midi conection for the Iphone

Yes you can feel the excitment in the air ...

Archived