Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM 2013

What's around the corner?

A brand new line of Korg workstations to fill in that missing price point gap between $1,199 and $1,599.

Comment

Andromeda 2

Moog Poly

Roland Analog

Korg Analog with real keys, knobs, patch memory, arpeggiator and sequencer

Are as unlikely as ever... ;-)

Yamaha may bring out their next workstation.

Korg will bring out stuff that is small

Roland might bring out a workstation that runs on SN tech
      世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by plaid_emu
        View Post

A brand new line of Korg workstations to fill in that missing price point gap between $1,199 and $1,599.

The new Kromos?

Comment

Korg Microstation replacement. Or they abandon the line.

Roland Fantom G Replacement. Or not.

Yamaha has everything new already.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BillErickson
            View Post

The new Kromos?

Behold the Korg Krispy?

I'm actually expecting a new Motif. It's been 3 years now.

Also, a Venom substitute that you can actually edit from the keyboard itself?

A new groovebox from Korg - Polytribe?

DSI and SE already have new synths out, so they shouldn't have anything new to show.
            http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Kronos OS update to make use of that touch screen; the sequencer and soft knob update in a Krome vein(but better). Perhaps even a new engine, like Z1(I know, talking about unlikely, the original coder is really unlikely coming back), or just retouched wind modelling.

Perhaps its too early to see, what Mike Martin meant, when he said that the XW-P1 is only the beginning. A new PD flagship from Casio combining both XWs in the mix as well as arranger functionality. A Casio MZ-2013, when everything is not enough!

Even hearing somebody talking about Andromeda 2 makes me have a small orgasm. Andromeda 2 as a flagship and a smaller 8 voice synth for more reasonable price and making actual business(Ursa Major and Minor)...OR a 8 voice, BUT a 3 oscillator architecture. New Andy might be improbable, but I understand, that they got their money back from the VA investments...perhaps there's something digital cooking to satisfy Ion/Micron/Miniak/etc fans, perhaps they even combined forces with Venoms designer to make really nasty VA with mean sample mangler. Actually, make it a Fission while at it; a workstation, that you can install different modules like M3 + Radias, but perhaps in an integrated fashion.

Kurzweil K3000 and Waldorf Str
              I am wanting, I am thinking
              To arise and go forth singing,
              Sing my songs and say my sayings,
              Hymns ancestral harmonizing,
              Lore of kindred lyricking.
              In my mouth the words are melting;
              Utterances overflowing
              To my tongue are hurrying,
              Even against my teeth they burst.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man
                View Post

...Even hearing somebody talking about Andromeda 2 makes me have a small orgasm...

So I tickled your fancy
                世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

I'm not in the buying mood, but I'd like to see Yamaha re-introduce an updated AN system. It sounded pretty decent but could have been a bit more knobby.

Every year since I had a Korg Z1, I've said I'd like to see them do it as a softsynth. Not likely though - enough people have asked for it with no results.

Are they going to do something with these mono-tron thingies?

Access seems overdue on the TI line. Anyone still have hopes for a Nord Lead 4 from Clavia?

Another thing I mention pretty much every year, is that it'd be cool if Kurzweil came out with a straight up controller. Something like the MidiBoard with anorexia, and some knobs, sliders, and ribbons.

Seeing as how I've been kind of waiting for some of these things for about 10 or 15 years, I don't ever realistically expect any of them to happen. But I still talk the talk every year.

Comment

new motif most possibly 2014

Comment

I'd say a new Roland workstation. Korg is cleaning up just now with the Kronos and proves the market for a workstation is still strong despite economic conditions. Roland is missing out and needs to get back in this market soon.

And if Roland does release a workstation during 2013, one of them has my name on it!
                      Plugged in: OASYS-88, Jupiter 80, V-Synth GTv2, Korg Symphony Module, ER mk2, D3200, iMS20, Alesis M1 Active Mk2
                      Not plugged in: X5D, Wavestation, Delta
                      Sold: M3-61/Radias/256, Radias with keys, Trinity with Prophecy, MS2000B, T3ex, NS5R, ES-1, EA-1, ER-1
                      www.soundcloud.com/ngowans
                      www.jp-80.com

Comment

• workstation M.I
                        workstation M.I commented
                        Editing a comment

Yeah, Roland DOES need a workstation....

"Give a man some fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Unknown

Comment

ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd
                          View Post

OMG....lmao.
                          Keyboards: Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350Guitar Stuff: Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd
                            View Post

Post of the year.
                            If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Working...
                            X