Anyone carry yamaha mox6 on plane as "carry on"?

• Members

Has anyone carried a yamaha mox6 in soft case on a plane as carry on? Specifically southwest airlines. I see they make soft cases w/backpack straps. and the keyboard is only same length as a typical guitar and weighs only 15lbs. They always let me carry my tenor sax on, though it's shorter - but it's heavier and thicker.

• Members

MOX6? I don't think that's gonna fly. ;-) I think an MX 49 should about make it. (Or a Motif Rack XS and some small controller.) The only board I've taken as carry-on has been the Korg Microstation. It's been no problem, but I'm not brave enough to attempt it on Spirit.

• Members

I got away with taking a Fatar SL161 keyboard controller (61 key) on board an airline about 10 years ago. It was a close call though. I had to do a bit of pleading with the stewardess, and was warned that if the overhead compartments became too full that my keyboard would need to be put with the checked bagage. Good thing they let me keep it though because the plastic frame would have never made it under the plane. 

• Members

google the airline you're flying on.  like i said above, small commuters may not care, but here's what u get on one major carrier:

• Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 115 cm) in combined length, width and height
  • Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 36 x  23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters

best bet:  pack well and put in checked baggage, cause if u get to the counter and they say 'No' then the gorillas get to toss it around.

Archived