post count drop 75% ?

wwwjd

• Members

just guessing.  I stop in here every morning (even though it is still annoying to navigate and read) and it FEELS to me like post amount has dropped considerably since the change over.   Am I wrong?  I'm just guessing at the 75% and was thinking 80 or 90.  But seems like just tidbits anymore. 

Is it just me?

I still really don't care for the interface as it is still klunkier than every other forum site I use online, but I sliog through it.   And I don't contribute a lot since it feels like not a lot is going on.

...just sayin'...

• Members

Indeed much quieter these days. In fact, March averaged 29.0 Posts per day so far compared to 62.5 in January 2013 (which was already much lower than previous averages of 200/day (very close to the "other" forum) which stayed pretty constantly at this value for a long time (Jan 2013: 216, Feb 2013: 178)...

just sayin'...

• Members

where'd you find the post per day numbers?   so, seems like it is  a little more than 75% drop of posts?   Wow, just wow.  All the time and probably money they spent... for this?  How was this a good idea?

• Members

hardly come here any more, particulalrly since the forum overhaul.

i like the look, but the functionality is dreadful.

all i want is a list of current topics. sometimes i stumble on it but more often than not i get a list of posts or a list of topics that repeats the same topic over and over. and when i log in the forum gets in the way when i try to navigate around.

it's a shame because gearslutz is pretty low on quality these days.

• Members

hogberto wrote:

all i want is a list of current topics. sometimes i stumble on it but more often than not i get a list of posts or a list of topics that repeats the same topic over and over. and when i log in the forum gets in the way when i try to navigate around.

I'm not sure what you mean. But there is a Preferences section under My Settings at the top right which has some options you might want to adjust.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived