When will Roland issue another JUNO (or synth)?

Chummy

• Members

Just wondering, they haven't issued any JUNO since the JUNO GI (I forgot what year it was though, it's not new at all, must be couple of years).

Roland did issue the Jupiter 80/50 models but they're not portable and has less knobs. The Gaia is.. more for sound design I guess and less for piano players/live performers. So when Roland? When?

• Members

They will decide to a year after KingKORG sales have consistantly dominated the marketplace.  Then they will release an overpriced, mediocre Juno labeled (Gaia enhancement) that will fail to sell because KingKONG sales have consistantly dominated the marketplace, and everyone doesn't need yet another mediocre synth wannabee.    Way to go big R.

• Members

yeah but is the king korg all that good? considering its analog modeling and not true analog, and 1299 on ebay? that's not enough bang for buck for me. Roland should wake up and bring us a new synth, preferebly analog but VA or digital would be okay IF there are alot of knobs/switches/sound modify. Roland>Korg in features but not in what people want.

• Members

Chummy wrote:

Roland>Korg in features

Well, that's a matter of opinion really. I haven't been that impressed with Roland lately. The new Jupiters look interesting but they don't have enough knobs/sliders for me.

Archived