X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOCKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Keyboard player buys a light plastic keyboard, then returns it because he doesn't like light plastic keyboards!!!

More details at 11!

!!!!!111!!!!ELEVEN11!!!!

Hey...eat a dick....K?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn<br />
    <br />
    Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.</div>

Comment

Well you lost me with CF, just impractical.

Casio is not making the VK/CK line anymore. This day and age it is about price. Casio has made a great sounding and vast synth that is affordable, can edited, and has many on board feature for the performing musician. It won't break but it won't win any beauty or toughman contests. If you want quality in the exterior, prepare to pay at least a grand new or 500 used....

CF is still the dominant format in DSLR's due to their durability and size. They are compact, but not easily losable, and generally outperform SD in transfer rates.

I am pretty blown away that more on this thread don't get that the basic idea is that is seems flimsy, and at $500, it should NOT seem flimsy, especially when they are trying to attract a certain kind of buyer, the gigging musician. The tech in the machine is cheap now, that is no longer where the costs lies.. But, whatever. PC361 is on the way. XW is still here. Arturia's are sold, case closed.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn<br />
      <br />
      Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.</div>

Comment

Everybody says the Roland SH-201 is the flimsiest, cheapest plastic synth ever, because it's so light and well, it is plastic.

My wife dropped it on concrete once and it didn't even scratch. Not all that appears flimsy is flimsy, and not all that appears strong is strong.

Also, 600 dollars in late 1990s dollars would be the equivalent to about 900 dollars today... so I don't think it's a fair comparison.

I presume she was punished severely?
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="https://twitter.com/ArtScienceSound/status/208313686459293697" target="_blank"><font color="blue">&quot;I remember when dubstep was just called &quot;LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth&quot; in the '60s&quot; - Alan Parsons</font></a><br />
        <br />
        <font size="1">Kurzweil PC3<font size="2">♦</font></font><font size="1">Alesis Fusion 6HD</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QS7.1 (2)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QSR</font>♦<font size="1"> Alesis S4+</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis DMPRO</font>♦<font size="1">Evolution MK-461C</font>♦<font size="1">Rhodes Mark II Stage 73</font>♦<font size="1">Roland JX-8P</font>♦<font size="1">Kawai K1 &amp; K1m</font>♦<br />
        <font size="1"> <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        </font></div>

Comment

The difference between frequent and infrequent gigging is huge in terms of durability needs... transport takes a huge toll and good cases alone don't always make a difference.

I agree.

Here's a new rule... if it doesn't have an internal, grounded power supply than it's probably not meant for gigging at all... period!

I disagree.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="https://twitter.com/ArtScienceSound/status/208313686459293697" target="_blank"><font color="blue">&quot;I remember when dubstep was just called &quot;LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth&quot; in the '60s&quot; - Alan Parsons</font></a><br />
          <br />
          <font size="1">Kurzweil PC3<font size="2">♦</font></font><font size="1">Alesis Fusion 6HD</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QS7.1 (2)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QSR</font>♦<font size="1"> Alesis S4+</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis DMPRO</font>♦<font size="1">Evolution MK-461C</font>♦<font size="1">Rhodes Mark II Stage 73</font>♦<font size="1">Roland JX-8P</font>♦<font size="1">Kawai K1 &amp; K1m</font>♦<br />
          <font size="1"> <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          </font></div>

Comment

Wow, those are neat. An 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit is
            <br />
            <font size="1"> <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            <br />
            </font></div>

Comment

Hey...eat a dick....K?

Haha.

Comment

My good deed of the day is to turn everyone on to this site:

http://www.meritline.com/super-talent-32gb-secure-digital-high-capacity-sdhc-card-class-10-sdhc32-c10---p-71162.aspx

Recently got another 8GB USB Flash Drive (Adata) for $6.99 w/free shipping.

Another the faves....dealnews.com

And, whomever posted it, point taken about leaving the SD in. Flash sticks would prolly snap off.

Isn' it crazy that in a side pocket, we can have a 1/4 terrabyte of data for like $50 bucks?
                <br />

Comment

PC361 is on the way. XW is still here.

I ordered a PC361 also because at $949 it was too good to pass up, but I'm also keeping the XW-P1. May even get the XW-G1 when it comes out. These sound surprisingly good and are very user friendly. At first it comes off as being flimsy because of the weight, but it's actually made quite well.

Comment

Hey...eat a dick....K?

Alright, fair `nuff...now that we've all had our jabs, let's smoke a peace pipe and get back to the business of synth nerding.

Dean, the PC361 is a great call. The synth engine is crazy deep, and the sounds are amazing, much superior to the Casio.

Being a sequencer junkie, I think the Casio's pattern sequencer is more intuitive and immediate that the Kurz sequencer. Honestly, the `P1's sequencer is really 80% of the reason I bought it.

The Kurzweil sequencer requires (imho) too many "saves" and button presses. It's strength is really in linear tape-like recording, I feel. However, I think the "unloop" recording feature is a small touch of genius that makes a huge difference.

Also, when I first got the XW-P1, I was a little put off by the keybed action. But actually I got used to it pretty quick.

Comment

bingo-tastic
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.cresshead.com" target="_blank">http://www.cresshead.com</a><br><br><a href="http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1" target="_blank">http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1</a><br><br><br><br>Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3</div>

Comment

bingo-tastic

U gonna press the button or wait for future Casiotastics...
                        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Alright, fair `nuff...now that we've all had our jabs, let's smoke a peace pipe and get back to the business of synth nerding.

Dean, the PC361 is a great call. The synth engine is crazy deep, and the sounds are amazing, much superior to the Casio.

Being a sequencer junkie, I think the Casio's pattern sequencer is more intuitive and immediate that the Kurz sequencer. Honestly, the `P1's sequencer is really 80% of the reason I bought it.

The Kurzweil sequencer requires (imho) too many "saves" and button presses. It's strength is really in linear tape-like recording, I feel. However, I think the "unloop" recording feature is a small touch of genius that makes a huge difference.

Also, when I first got the XW-P1, I was a little put off by the keybed action. But actually I got used to it pretty quick.

I'm good with it...The K P361 gives me the 'security' I want. I LOVE the features of the Casio. I want it to 'win' So, I am keeping mine too, but I have the other 'big' synth if need be. I watched that preview when it was posted months ago and was thinking 'man, if hey pull this off, no one will see them coming' kind of like Ensoniq when they just popped up and started blowing units out the door (but admittedly, VFX COUGH!). Roland, Korg, Yamaha were not ready for their features set at that price.

it is incredible what a $500 synth sounds like now. They used to be all totally cheese...now, especially this one, big, fat, dynamic, juicy noises.

I think that is what pissed me off about the 'duh' type comments...I bought it early, and I do think the point of the chassis being rugged or felling cheap is valid, but I have been dragging it around, and so far, it has not missed a beat. Ifit is still happy in a few months, I am adding the other one...

I had one of the other guys in the band ask me why I don't just use my mac book and do Reason...my answer was, those are cool ( I have a Maschine/APC40) but sometimes, I really miss just an amp or good set of phones and workstation. No f***ing computer, you know? Knobs....sliders.

Anyway, I WANT Casio to knock this out of the park,. I was not hating, just pondering...But I am coming around. I think now the opportunity is for Casio to point out that it is in fact super light yet durable, and that defuses the whole argument right from the get go.
                          <br />

Comment

U gonna press the button or wait for future Casiotastics...

i need to try them both out, or see/hear a good in depth review of both of them...sonicstate please!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.cresshead.com" target="_blank">http://www.cresshead.com</a><br><br><a href="http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1" target="_blank">http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1</a><br><br><br><br>Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3</div>

Comment

i need to try them both out, or see/hear a good in depth review of both of them...sonicstate please!

Nick will strip them to the bone in detail... LOL

I still have to double take the cost when I see you can buy both for the same cost (near enough) as buying one M50...

Not to compare those synths but they are opening the market up. Hope to see more synth bands...

The new Jup50 is wooing me just now so I may have to pass this time round...
                              世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

CF is still the dominant format in DSLR's due to their durability and size. They are compact, but not easily losable, and generally outperform SD in transfer rates.

I am pretty blown away that more on this thread don't get that the basic idea is that is seems flimsy, and at $500, it should NOT seem flimsy, especially when they are trying to attract a certain kind of buyer, the gigging musician. The tech in the machine is cheap now, that is no longer where the costs lies.. But, whatever. PC361 is on the way. XW is still here. Arturia's are sold, case closed.

Dude no offence, but I played one 2 days ago and it was just as sturdy and felt just as good as any $1000 synth currently out there, minus the KURZ PC361. In fact it looks much cooler in person than in the photos in my opinion. Once again just my opinion concerning the whole matter.

Comment

• Working...
                                  X