can waldorf blofeld keyboard do rock organs ?

zzzxtreme

• Members

having 60MB sample ram, can Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard do rock organs ? are there commercial sample/patch banks available to cater various sounds mainly the 128 GM sounds (i don't mean GM compatiblity)

I know it's mainly a synth, but I heard some of it's good acoustic sounds, and just wonder whether it can provide plenty good organs ? Another reason is it's less than EUR600, have great keybed with aftertouch, metal body, internal PSU, 49key (perfect size) etc... 

• Members

I don't recall the desktop version having any kind of organ...but then again I think the keyboard version came with some sample memory (?) and possibly a useable piano patch.  But I didn't see any evidence for it having any good organ or I might have bought one a few years ago.  (Not to say it can't be done, but I don't want to be the first!  I'm cautious about spending...)

Not nearly the same board, but one that might hit the spot for you: Kurzweil pc361.  I recently picked up a used one and it's taking care of my VA needs, piano, strings and a very nice rock organ IMO (which you can tweak like crazy).  Again I know it's not the same kind of synth but I've been thrilled to death with it and the build quality is outstanding.

• Members

I have thought the same. I have horrible synth gas, but I need organs first, and I thought, that the blofeld could be my swiss gig knife, but ultimately didn't dare to buy it yet.

This is the best organ demo I found(@8:09):

Some one else tried to emulate leslie by crossfading fast and slow samples, but that didn't sound super convincing either.

Archived