Hammond A100 (B3) drawbar settings.

• Members

What do you use for amplification?

I like to use 006400000 on the lowwer manual. This allows for left hand chording on the lowwer manual.

I constantly change the settings on the upper manual. I seem to always start out with 700000058.

I play bass pedals and use 80 or 82.

I am runing it through a modified 122 connected to a sub.

these are my starting points when i first start the organ. I change the settings constantly to flow with the music. The hammond has a myrid of different moods and voices.

• Members

Depends on the mood or feeling of the song. I mainly use 808000000(with the perc turned off) for mellower slow blues. Sometimes, I would only have the first and the last drawbars pulled out. I normally use the 888000004(sometimes along other drawbars in between) settings for screamers.

• Members

777000000 (add a touch on the higher 3 harms once and a while - not too much!), no vibrato or chorus, soft perc 2nd or 3rd (sometimes both). Works great for solos with a little warm distortion and provides huge dynamic effect when I flip the leslie to trem.

• Members

really good info guys (in this and in previous threads).

My two cents:

I usually start out with 888800000 (C3, perc off) and add upper flavoring from there. Sometimes I'll turn the percussion on 2nd, slow, soft.

One of my newer favorite ones is in the ballpark of: 686801223 (C3, perc off). I find this gives a really warm, gospel-ish tone...

• Members

I used to wonder about these threads and what their use was - since there are only 8 or 9 drawbars, all of 'm are in front of you, and they're pretty straightforward.

However, a quick calculation shows that there are respectively 16,777,216 or 134,217,728 combinations (only for the drawbars) so I'm no longer surprised that people ask for settings :D

(even though 0, 4 and 8 are commonly used so that reduces the number to, say, 6561)

• Members

I never worried about the numbers on the drawbars ,,,, my old vox had them ,, while not as many as the hammond in the house.. I just grabbed a hand full and shaped the sound I wanted.....if there were more than a hand full ,,, i tweeked it a little. Thats the beauty of drawbars ... you can shape the sound rather than flip switches. draw bars offer alot more options.

• Members

I used to wonder about these threads and what their use was - since there are only 8 or 9 drawbars, all of 'm are in front of you, and they're pretty straightforward.

However, a quick calculation shows that there are respectively 16,777,216 or 134,217,728 combinations (only for the drawbars) so I'm no longer surprised that people ask for settings
:D

(even though 0, 4 and 8 are commonly used so that reduces the number to, say, 6561)

:cool: Amen to that Yoozer -- Tommy, just play with it, you'll figure out what you like and need!! -- Peace --

• 5 years later...

Archived