Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond A100 (B3) drawbar settings.

I've been playing with my A100 for a few months now and I'm so totally in love with it!

I was wondering if any of you here who also use a Hammond drawbar organ would like to share a few of your drawbar settings here.
    http://www.myspace.com/tommyhorchata

What do you use for amplification?

I like to use 006400000 on the lowwer manual. This allows for left hand chording on the lowwer manual.

I constantly change the settings on the upper manual. I seem to always start out with 700000058.

I play bass pedals and use 80 or 82.

I am runing it through a modified 122 connected to a sub.

these are my starting points when i first start the organ. I change the settings constantly to flow with the music. The hammond has a myrid of different moods and voices.

Comment

I'm only using the internal amp and speakers. No Leslie for me just yet.

Keep 'em coming!!!

Comment

http://www.thesoundsmith.com/private/hammond4.htm

Comment

The search feature on this forum can be your friend. Here are a couple I found rather quickly.

Drawbars Settings

More on Hammond playing

Reggae on organ

There are plenty more out there, try Google too!
          Originally posted by p120dUdE
          These are family forums, and many young kids come here and read them.

I am sure there will be no problems, but if there is, my moderation team will take action.

Originally posted by ChasIII
          Im so sick of keyboards. All this keyboard stuff people always use. All this keyboard synth talk all the time. I'm done with it. Never again.

Im thinking that at some point I will have to stop this and start doing other things. Any thoughts, feelings, or ideas?

Comment

I did a search for drawbar and pulled no real results. Guess I should've amended it for drawbar(s) but posted instead. either way, great info on there, thanks!

Comment

BTW, these are some great threads, eric!

Comment

Depends on the mood or feeling of the song. I mainly use 808000000(with the perc turned off) for mellower slow blues. Sometimes, I would only have the first and the last drawbars pulled out. I normally use the 888000004(sometimes along other drawbars in between) settings for screamers.
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=73567
              Soul On Tap
              The Coupe De Villes
              Chris Beard Band

current gear list:
              Yamaha MOX8, Korg Triton, Korg CX3, Korg X2, QSC K12, Rhodes Stage '73(needs new tines), Ventilator, Reason 3

"Leave the ego, play the music, love the people.." - Luther Allison

Comment

777000000 (add a touch on the higher 3 harms once and a while - not too much!), no vibrato or chorus, soft perc 2nd or 3rd (sometimes both). Works great for solos with a little warm distortion and provides huge dynamic effect when I flip the leslie to trem.

Comment

really good info guys (in this and in previous threads).

My two cents:

I usually start out with 888800000 (C3, perc off) and add upper flavoring from there. Sometimes I'll turn the percussion on 2nd, slow, soft.

One of my newer favorite ones is in the ballpark of: 686801223 (C3, perc off). I find this gives a really warm, gospel-ish tone...
                  woozle wuzzle?

Comment

^
                    |
                    |
                    |

bump for more drawbar settings!!
                    woozle wuzzle?

Comment

Wierd because gospel settings are all different and start with the white drawbars out. 888800000 is like a rock setting.
                      "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

I used to wonder about these threads and what their use was - since there are only 8 or 9 drawbars, all of 'm are in front of you, and they're pretty straightforward.

However, a quick calculation shows that there are respectively 16,777,216 or 134,217,728 combinations (only for the drawbars) so I'm no longer surprised that people ask for settings

(even though 0, 4 and 8 are commonly used so that reduces the number to, say, 6561)
                        "Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.
                        Synthesizer Programming Megathread - add your tips & tricks or ask how to recreate sounds!

Comment

I never worried about the numbers on the drawbars ,,,, my old vox had them ,, while not as many as the hammond in the house.. I just grabbed a hand full and shaped the sound I wanted.....if there were more than a hand full ,,, i tweeked it a little. Thats the beauty of drawbars ... you can shape the sound rather than flip switches. draw bars offer alot more options.

Comment

I used to wonder about these threads and what their use was - since there are only 8 or 9 drawbars, all of 'm are in front of you, and they're pretty straightforward.

However, a quick calculation shows that there are respectively 16,777,216 or 134,217,728 combinations (only for the drawbars) so I'm no longer surprised that people ask for settings

(even though 0, 4 and 8 are commonly used so that reduces the number to, say, 6561)

Amen to that Yoozer -- Tommy, just play with it, you'll figure out what you like and need!! -- Peace --
                            Steinway (model K, 1917), Korg Triton ProX, Korg T3, Motion-Sound KP200s with SL-200S slave and SW-15 powered subwoofer, Barbetta Sona 41, Hammond Porta B w/Leslie 147, Doric organ, Wurly 200, Fender Twin Reverb (1974), Violin (1921) with LR Baggs pickup, 1964 Guild "parlor guitar"
                            "When facism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and carrying a cross" Sinclair Lewis 1885-1951

Comment

Working...
                            X