Which IK Programs (of these) Would You Choose for Free?

Binkeys

• Members

IK is giving away your choice of free programs when you buy and register an iRig keys before the end of the month.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/magnumvi/

Looks like it'll be three freebies at this point.  Which would you choose and why?

The options are:

Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTank 2.5 XL, SampleMoog, Sample Tron or SonikSynth 2.

Is it a good deal to buy the iRig KEYS just to get these?

Thanks!

• Members

Not sure about the iRig deal, but I recently got the Total Workstation XL bundle and I've found the SampleTank 2.5 and SonicSynth to be the most useful for my purposes. I thought I would get a lot of use out of the Miroslav stuff for the strings and horns but so far I don't find the Miroslav stuff usefull for pop/soul/funk/rock. And the Tron and Moog VST seem, to me, to be for specialty purposes only. I don't do a lot of lead synth stuff, but, the Moog might be great for that. And for $149 the Total Workstation XL bundle is a damn steal IMHO.

• Members

The IK instruments are available on regular basis at heavy discounts...$40 or less...or in various bundles.

All are variations on SampleTank with the same engine and interface (reskinned), just the sample sets differ.

If you need a basic pallette of sounds, then Sample Tank and SonikSynth.

SampleTron is cool if you are a Mellotron junkie (I am).

Miroslav only if you need classical orchestras (as mentioned above, not that useful for pop/rock strings and brass).

SampleMoog pales next to Minimoog VAs IMHO.

• Members

Thanks for the answers. I don't really *need* any of these. I was considering geting it, just if they were a good deal.

My main interest would have been the Orchestral stuff, but since it seems not to be so usable for pop, I think I'll pass.

Thanks again!

Archived