Simple 1U rack line mixer with headphone output?

Nismology

• Members

Does such a thing exist that doesn't cost an absolute bomb? I have two keyboards that I want to mix to a single stereo headphone channel.

Small tabletop mixers seem cheap enough, but all the rackmount stuff I can find seems massively more expensive despite the smaller footprint. 

Budget =

• Members

As much as I hate the brand or to recommend them, the Behringer Pro Line Rack Mixer actually works really well. Has 16 channels, headphone out and balance, monitor level and fx return per channel and master.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-eurorack-pro-rx1602-line-mixer

Not a bad deal, and just what you need.

• Members

Nismology wrote:

Does such a thing exist that doesn't cost an absolute bomb? I have two keyboards that I want to mix to a single stereo headphone channel.

Small tabletop mixers seem cheap enough, but all the rackmount stuff I can find seems massively more expensive despite the smaller footprint. 

Budget =

• Members

Synthaholic wrote:

I have a Roland M-120.  Great mixer, a little heavier and deeper in the rack than I would like, but I have only had to have the inputs re-soldered once in over 20 years, so I give it high marks.

Here's one on eBay that should be snatched!

In fact, if it doesn't go by the end of today, I may buy it.  Can't beat it for that price, if the description is accurate.

Alas, it's an American listing, shipping to US only with an American plug. I'm in the UK, otherwise I'd probably snap that up.

• Members

The Radman wrote:

As much as I hate the brand or to recommend them, the Behringer Pro Line Rack Mixer actually works really well. Has 16 channels, headphone out and balance, monitor level and fx return per channel and master.

Not a bad deal, and just what you need.

I'd agree - works very well and due to no EQ or Preamps in the mixing chain is stupidly quiet from a noise floor perspective. Far better than I expected truth be told.

Archived