Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple 1U rack line mixer with headphone output?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Simple 1U rack line mixer with headphone output?

    Does such a thing exist that doesn't cost an absolute bomb? I have two keyboards that I want to mix to a single stereo headphone channel.

    Small tabletop mixers seem cheap enough, but all the rackmount stuff I can find seems massively more expensive despite the smaller footprint. 

    Budget =


  • #2

    I have one of these and I've always been happy with it.  

    Rolls RM203X Stereo Line Mixer

    Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
    Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

    Bus to Neptune
    www.bustoneptune.com

    Comment


    • Nismology
      Nismology commented
      Editing a comment

      triton76 wrote:

      I have one of these and I've always been happy with it.  

      Rolls RM203X Stereo Line Mixer


      That's the kind of thing im looking for, but sadly not available in the UK new or used (nothing on eBay).


  • #3

    As much as I hate the brand or to recommend them, the Behringer Pro Line Rack Mixer actually works really well. Has 16 channels, headphone out and balance, monitor level and fx return per channel and master.

      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-eurorack-pro-rx1602-line-mixer

    Not a bad deal, and just what you need.

     

     

    Comment


    • U&I
      U&I commented
      Editing a comment

      The Radman wrote:

      As much as I hate the brand or to recommend them, the Behringer Pro Line Rack Mixer actually works really well. Has 16 channels, headphone out and balance, monitor level and fx return per channel and master.

        http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-eurorack-pro-rx1602-line-mixer

      Not a bad deal, and just what you need.

       

       

      I'd agree - works very well and due to no EQ or Preamps in the mixing chain is stupidly quiet from a noise floor perspective. Far better than I expected truth be told.

       

       

       


       


  • #4

    I'm very happy with the Samson SM10 liner mixer that I'm using .... extremely flexible in terms out outputs (mains, monitors, effects, headphones), no wallwart (IEC cable and real power supply) ... been using mine for more than a year now and am very happy with it.

    Here's a link  -->   Samson SM10 Line Mixer

    The SpaceNorman

    www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
    www.souldoutrocks.com

    Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
    Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
    Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

    Comment


    • AnotherScott
      AnotherScott commented
      Editing a comment
      Rolls RM65B is another

  • #5

    Nismology wrote:

    Does such a thing exist that doesn't cost an absolute bomb? I have two keyboards that I want to mix to a single stereo headphone channel.

    Small tabletop mixers seem cheap enough, but all the rackmount stuff I can find seems massively more expensive despite the smaller footprint. 

    Budget =

    "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

    Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

    Comment


    • Nismology
      Nismology commented
      Editing a comment

      Synthaholic wrote:



      I have a Roland M-120.  Great mixer, a little heavier and deeper in the rack than I would like, but I have only had to have the inputs re-soldered once in over 20 years, so I give it high marks.

       

      Here's one on eBay that should be snatched!

       

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-M120-1U-Mixer-/271190648855?pt=US_Live_Studio_Mixers&hash=item3f2 438e817

       

      In fact, if it doesn't go by the end of today, I may buy it.  Can't beat it for that price, if the description is accurate.


      Alas, it's an American listing, shipping to US only with an American plug. I'm in the UK, otherwise I'd probably snap that up.













Working...
X