synthesizer with looping feature

Speedeu11

• Members

Hi,

I am new here. I read through a few threads on this forum and I see lots of topics that ask for recommendations. I'm sorry to add one more to the mix but I have been researching several synthesizers and am still not finding anything that jumps out.

Basically, I need a synth that has an easy to use loop feature. I need to be able to create loops in 3/4, 4/4 and any other time signature I want. Most common would be 8 bars of 4/4. I looked at the Alesis Micron and it looks perfect but I read that it can be quite cumbersome to create loops in anything other than 4/4.

I am a dance class accompanist so I would be using this synthesizer to create sounds (ambient, hip hop, pop, strings, percussion sounds also) for different dance routines.

Is the Alesis Micron the perfect fit? My budget is $400.

• Members

Looping refers to samplers. You can "loop" synths without using a DAW, only if the synth has an internal sequencer so what you actually loop here is midi information and not samples, many synths older and new have sequencers built in from the great Korg M1 to the new modern boards.

Archived