Omnichord Stopped Working

• Members

I have an OM-100. I got it in perfect working condition from a goodwill a couple months ago.

The other day (please don't laugh) I needed the adapter for someting else, so I tried out a couple random 12V adapters. None of them worked, obviously, and now the Omnichord doesn't turn on, even with its own adapter.

I am devistated.

Help me.

.___.

• Members

spudgirl wrote:

I have an OM-100. I got it in perfect working condition from a goodwill a couple months ago.

The other day (please don't laugh) I needed the adapter for someting else, so I tried out a couple random 12V adapters. None of them worked, obviously, and now the Omnichord doesn't turn on, even with its own adapter.

Well gee, you probably smoked something, sorry to say. You can't just plug random adapters in, because they often don't match.

• Members

Open it up and see if you only blew a fuse. Or look for a resistor or other part that is burned. If it is not an ic chip, maybe you can find an electronics guy (or nearby college) that can fix it for you.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I just have a question about the omnichord, I just read that you need the power adapter from american to european volt before you plug the omnicord to its power adapter. I didn't see this, and the power went on the omnichord. Do you have any tips as what is now broken inside the omnichord, or how to fix it, or if you can buy the transformator and plug it in and it should then work?

Archived