The Ekdahl Polygamist - A synthesizer for the Whole Family!

Casio Man

• Members

Yeah. More demos please. But unpredictability and chaos seems to be well catered, and although this:

Knas mostly works with analog circuits due to the vast possibilities of unpredictable and chaotic behavior that can be extracted through deliberate misdesign.

...and this...

THIS is not your typical synthesizer.

...warms my heart, I'd like to hear if it could also fill my longing for more tender sounds, and what can I do to sweet sounds with it.

What does the name mean? Is it polyphonic? Or is it so affordable, that I don't have to be married to just one synth? Or is it so good, that I can keep all my wives happy with it?

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I've had mine for a few weeks now, and I must say that I am pathologically fond of it.

If you read about the philosophy of its design on his site, you'll see that he really wasn't attempting to make an analog synth that makes the standard sounds. I would caution any synth lovers to avoid this instrument if they want to use it primarily in standard roles.

However, for more experimental music, noise, and general cacophony, this thing excels.

The following demo might contradict that previous statement, but there are very few demos that I've heard of it that really tax it....

http://soundcloud.com/ancient-eyeball-recipe/sets/masturbatory-practices-of-the/

• Members

Ekdahl stuff seems to be pretty cool, but predictably it seems this was a limited production instrument and the creator has soured on doing more or something. i was initially pretty revved about it, but as with most of the smaller builders who's equipment i would like to try they don't want to sell to me. 

what are your impressions of the ribbon control, Drool? i like the idea of a duophonic ribbon..

Archived