Help!

• Members

I'm a musician. I mostly play guitar. So I don't spend much time looking into synthesizers like I probably should since one of my favorite musicians uses mostly synthesizers (Trent Reznor). I would like to adapt more synth music into my sound. I believe it will add an element to my music that is missing. The main issue is that I don't know a whole lot about them. I have a Casio ToneBank CT-470. It's nice for giving a sound similar to certain instruments I don't have. It sucks for just a regular synth sound. I found the following products and like them but would like an opinion from someone who has experience with synthesizers.

The Gakken SX-150 MARK II Analog Synthesizer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q22HV2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A207I4WC3ZD6BI

It appears to be nice for that crunchy sound I want. Plus if I get someone else to work it while I play my guitar through it, I might be able to get some real cool stuff out of it.

Behringer U-Control UMA25S

This one is in the range of what I'm looking to spend. I like it better cause it has keys. I'm not sure though if I could get that distorted sound like NIN that I want.

I want to spend up to $150 please. All the help I could get would be appreciated thank you.

Archived