Alesis Micron Synth Volume Knob issue!

Ghudda

• Members

Hey HC! I come to you with a question regarding my Alesis Micron and a reoccuring issue with the volume knob.

Overall the synth works great though whenever I am pressing a key and rotate the volume knob, I get static coming out of both channels it seems. Next, sometimes the left channel will go out or become very light while the right channel remains at proper levels. I can rotate the volume knob and the left channel will balance out and become loud again. It seems as though there is a connection issue with the volume knob. I know absolutely nothing about repairing synth hardware. Would replacing the volume knob likely fix this issue?

note: this issue occurs from both the Headphones and L/R output on the synth. I hear that these outputs are tied to the volume knob(?)

Thanks again for your time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Replacing it would probably fix the problem. I have the same issue, where about halfway up I get loud distortion and crackling. However, putting it all the way up it sounds fine, so I just run it through the External Input on my Venom and control volume from there. I also have it MIDI'd to the Venom so that I get four octaves to play without having to switch octaves with buttons. Any mixer would do, if you can find a sweet spot on your volume knob.

Archived