new korg kross keyboard

zzzxtreme

• Members

No aftertouch == fail.

I guess that Korg has decided that its target customers don't care about aftertouch, even for the flagship "performance" synthesizer "King Korg" which according to Korg "is the full-fledged analog modeling synthesizer you've been waiting for" (NOT!).   Okay, sorry, whining mode off.

Nice parts = normal-sized keys and light weight.

• Members

It's the X50 replacement, enhanced with build in seq and sampler.  It's aimed at begginers and aftertouch is never present in begginers gears. But, it's impressive, considering that it is an entry line.

BTW X50 is still available in some places, so, that's it.

It's not micrstation replacement, 'cause it's no micro.

• Members

X50 is older HI sound engine so it is definitely to be replaced, but it has at least knobs for minimal direct sound editing.

Kross based on EDS, has no direct sound editing, but has panel for direct step sequencing (for me step sequencer looks like desperate attempt to make it interesting technically, otherwise there is Krome)

KingKorg as they say new virtual analogue engine (or still based on Radias?) missing aftertouch and direct step sequencing.

None of these feature limited offsprings are interesting to me

However 4 timbre +drumtrack +advanced step sequencing +aftertouch uberKingKorg would be certainly interesting. I'm afraid that it would cost roughly the same as PC based 9 synth engine Kronos and would make no sense from market point of view. So we have what we have. Still wonder how they managed to build and sell at such reasonable price point Radias - the true KingKorg.

• Members

Sound editing, and sound production is useful mainly for those who make electronic music, otherwise who cares about sound editing. All that you need is a bunch of really good preset sounds to work with. If you want to make your own sounds, you will find your path with an analog - or virtual analog - synthesizer, not with a workstation. And, yes, the Kross gives you dozens effects for improving the sound quality.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived