• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new korg kross keyboard

http://www.korg.com/KROSS
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Mod , pls help delete the other thread.

Im puzzled by kross. Krome is cheap enough. Kross is like a re-package m50 with apparently double pcm ? But price wise? Equals to x50,ps60? Puzzling !

Comment

• George321
      George321 commented
      Editing a comment

From some point of view it

No aftertouch == fail.

I guess that Korg has decided that its target customers don't care about aftertouch, even for the flagship "performance" synthesizer "King Korg" which according to Korg "is the full-fledged analog modeling synthesizer you've been waiting for" (NOT!).   Okay, sorry, whining mode off.

Nice parts = normal-sized keys and light weight.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
    <font size="3"><br />
    <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
    </i><br />
    G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

• Gumimaci
      Gumimaci commented
      Editing a comment

It's the X50 replacement, enhanced with build in seq and sampler.  It's aimed at begginers and aftertouch is never present in begginers gears. But, it's impressive, considering that it is an entry line.

BTW X50 is still available in some places, so, that's it.

It's not micrstation replacement, 'cause it's no micro.

Around $200 cheaper than krome . Does it mean ps60/x50 will be phased out? Sure sales of ps60/x50 will be affected?

Comment

• cresshead
      cresshead commented
      Editing a comment

this looks more like a replacement for thre korg microstation, i like the looks of it esp the price!

• Conbrio
      Conbrio commented
      Editing a comment

zzzxtreme wrote:
      Around $200 cheaper than krome . Does it mean ps60/x50 will be phased out? Sure sales of ps60/x50 will be affected?

I thought the X50 was discontinued awhile ago.

Comment

• zzzxtreme
      zzzxtreme commented
      Editing a comment

the 61-key actually looks nice. yeah the handle is useful

pros (for the price)

1) proper screen

2) full combination mode

3) simultaneoous 7 effects

4) stereo audio recorder/playback, mic in

5) light, batteries

Attached Files

• 1001gear
      1001gear commented
      Editing a comment

I was watching a Japan demo and the guy says Sheekensa for sequencer and Sheensaysaiza for synthesizer then I realized they say Kurosu for Kross which I happen to know kuro is black in Japanese,

So,oh, now a clue for the dopey names with a K. Krome, Kronos; anything else?

Kuromu

Kuronosu

Anybody know if these mean anything in the J vernacular?

X50 is older HI sound engine so it is definitely to be replaced, but it has at least knobs for minimal direct sound editing.
    Kross based on EDS, has no direct sound editing, but has panel for direct step sequencing (for me step sequencer looks like desperate attempt to make it interesting technically, otherwise there is Krome)
    KingKorg as they say new virtual analogue engine (or still based on Radias?) missing aftertouch and direct step sequencing.

None of these feature limited offsprings are interesting to me

However 4 timbre +drumtrack +advanced step sequencing +aftertouch uberKingKorg would be certainly interesting. I'm afraid that it would cost roughly the same as PC based 9 synth engine Kronos and would make no sense from market point of view. So we have what we have. Still wonder how they managed to build and sell at such reasonable price point Radias - the true KingKorg.

Comment

• George321
      George321 commented
      Editing a comment

Sound editing, and sound production is useful mainly for those who make electronic music, otherwise who cares about sound editing. All that you need is a bunch of really good preset sounds to work with. If you want to make your own sounds, you will find your path with an analog - or virtual analog - synthesizer, not with a workstation. And, yes, the Kross gives you dozens effects for improving the sound quality.

Unlike mox and juno gi, you cant apply effects to external audio, or can it?

Comment

• cresshead
      cresshead commented
      Editing a comment

it can...as you can use the input for vocals

A real workstation. Great price

Comment

• cresshead
      cresshead commented
      Editing a comment

I like it...good price and lots of strong sounds plus a decent editor too.

but how's it compare to say a Krome or the new Yamaha MOXF6?

Working...
X