Keyboards with USB MIDI and audio out?

Shelly848

• Members

Hi I'm new to this forum and I am from the UK

I have always loved USB midi, but I also want to take my keyboards on stage or to school so I want it to be able to have a standard 3.5mm or any kind of audio out. I have looked everywhere for a keyboard like this. I want it to have great build quality and some kind of key weighting.

Any suggetsions?

Mike

• Members

Hi Mike,

midi and audio are two different things.

MIDI only carries information about e.g. what keys you press and if you are moving the pitchbend/mod wheels...there is no sound coming out of the midi port on your keyboard.

Most synths will have standard 1/4" outputs that the actual sound comes out of, you can get a 1/4" to 3.5mm jack adapter if you need but usually any amplifier will also have 1/4" connections so standard jack to jack 1/4" cables are all you need.

Most synths have semi-weighted keys at best if you are looking for something like a 61 key. 

If you are looking for weighted keys then you will probably have to get a 73 to 88 key synth as most synths don't have weighted keys apart from the larger ones.  

Are you looking for a synth that does midi and audio over usb as well as separate midi and audio connections?

Archived