Roland Jupiter 6 advice

Chummy

• Members

Ii have an opportunity to buy a JP6 for 2388.01 bucks (I used converter since it's in another currency). The guy says it's like new and he even refurbished some stuff in it.

I really wanted a JP8 though because it was more wildely used in the 80s in more popular songs. So apart from polyphony and MIDI what's the difference between the two of them? (sound wise) and should  I accept the deal? how many presets does the JP8 have against the JP6?

any of you guys who owned or played one care to share thoughts? thnx. :D

• Members

Bump :)

Please? I would like to know anything I can of the JP6. How many factory presets, things That I need to know before buying.

The guy selling it (I live in a small country so it's like an hour to drive to his place) says he replaced like a drawbar or two, he also replaced battery or whatever it means. He says he's an electrician and also that the machine is in perfect shape.

Thanks.

• Members

It has 48 programs.  It will only have the factory programs if the current owner either never edited them or reloaded them froma program cassette tape.  If he's changed the battery that's good news, because the battery is what keeps the programs intact when the machine is turned off. 

Archived