Please help re-create this sound...

• Members

I created a synth sound using the Presence synth engine in Studio One. Like a dummy, I deleted the .song file and like an idiot, failed to create a preset. I do have a rough recording and was hoping against hope that someone would be up to the challenge of helping me re-create the sound. The synth sound is the icing on the cake and now that I'm ready to record the tune for reals, I'm bummed I can't seem to re-create it.

Attached is a link to the tune. Key sound in at 2:00 exactly.

https://soundcloud.com/paul_d_reid/litebeer-mersch-rock-rough-mix

After 2 hours of listening and trying to match sounds, I've found the base for the sound is Square Pad.

Now onto the other factors. The ADSR settings seem to give me almost what I'm looking for as far as a repeat sound after the decay. High attack, low decay, ? sustain, quick release.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Ves Paul wrote:

I created a synth sound using the Presence synth engine in Studio One. Like a dummy, I deleted the .song file and like an idiot, failed to create a preset. I do have a rough recording and was hoping against hope that someone would be up to the challenge of helping me re-create the sound. The synth sound is the icing on the cake and now that I'm ready to record the tune for reals, I'm bummed I can't seem to re-create it.

Attached is a link to the tune. Key sound in at 2:00 exactly.

After 2 hours of listening and trying to match sounds, I've found the base for the sound is Square Pad.

Now onto the other factors. The ADSR settings seem to give me almost what I'm looking for as far as a repeat sound after the decay. High attack, low decay, ? sustain, quick release.

Thanks.

I think I have a "square pad" on my Casio WK-1350-more or less.

Sometimes, it's not "settings" or "parameters" that determine a "synth sound" but PITCH plays a BIG part!

One time I needed a breathy organ sound, but I couldn't come up with enough "breath" UNTIL I remembered that some Church Organ Sounds ( from a Church ) sounded like a really LOW flute.

I took a flute patch and transposed it DOWN an octave-I got what I needed!

Keep in contact and I'll see if I can help you with your dilemma!

Archived