More MFB-503 Sounds

Acid Hazard

• Members

Here is a little something i threw together. It's the frame work for a new track i'm working on. I did this quick more or less to show the MFB in a proper track setting. This is a very rough draft, so don't judge =o] You can clearly hear the noise from the MFB. I think most of it is interference from the large and very bright LCD display. Gear Used:

SH-101

TB-303 (somehow got stuck in the right part of the stereo field)

x0xb0x

TR-707 (HC only)

MFB-503 (all drum sounds -clap)

http://acid.experimedia.net/Psycoaotic.mp3

• Members

Goooood stuff!

How do you like the 503 ?

Despite it's odd quirks, it sounds great! It's a bit frustrating in some regards... can't copy patterns, and can't assign kits to patterns. Which negates the needs for the 90 kits all together. At least, i haven't found a way to assign them yet. The manual is no help. So basically i need to recreate the same kit for every pattern used. A bit of a PITA! I made an MS Word table with all the parameters to make this a bit easier =o] I made a stock kit, and am slowly programming it into every pattern on the machine. Kind of frustrating, but oh well. The sounds make up for it =o] The build quality is better than it looks. Though the encoders jump sometimes. As should be expected with encoders. It's really light, and about the same size as the Mopho.

All in all, well worth the money they sell for. And especially the money i paid for it =o]

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Hi, new here. There is actually a work around to copy patterns on the MFB 503. Here is a video I found of how to do it. It works for me: 

I'm suddenly experiencing a problem with my unit that I bought used a month ago where turning the "tempo" encoder just makes it jump up drastically ... and I can't lower the tempo at all. Anyone else have this problem, or any ideas?

Archived