Alesis 8.1, leslie won't work

• Members

I have an alesis 8.1 and no matter what I try I can't get the leslie to work, that is to emulate the starting and stopping of the motor speed. Years ago I lost functionality to it and called Alesis when they were in Culver City, Ca. A guy there spent about 2 minutes with me and we got it working again. The keyboard has inputs for 3 pedals: 1 sustain and 2 assignable expression. I have re initialized the keyboard several times to no avail. The pedals work on other settings. (EV-5) so it's not the inputs or the pedals. These were the same pedals I was using when the guy helped me before and as I said, the pedals will work other keyboard parameters. Yes they are plugged in correctly. The guy had me go into some settings to fix it but heck if I can locate the fix.

Any help would be appreciated. ..and any other alesis Q'S owner's ever run into this same problem?

• Members

Is your issue that the leslie doesn't engage at all or that your pedal doesn't trigger the slow/fast speeds? The subject is leslie won't work but in the body of the message you talk about EV 5 pedals and pedal inputs. Please be more explicit in your communication about your issue.

• Members

Sorry for the confusion. Really the only reason I even mentioned the pedals was if I didn't, someone would surely mention them as the possible cause to the problem. I was doing my best to eliminate a pedal issue altogether. The pedals work on my other synth.

Now, the issue lies somewhere in the settings. I know this. I just can't figure out where to make these adjustments. So in answer to your helping question is, no - the leslie effect doesn't engage at all. Not on any organ sound. Nowhere. Nothing. When an organ patch is called up I hear organ. I can adjust the volume with the volume pedal. I move the expression pedal - no difference in sound.

Thank you for your quick reply btw. I'm new to this board and wasn't sure how 'alive' it was. I have found forums like this that are so old it's pointless to sign up. You can hear the tumbleweeds meandering thru the site.

Thanks again

• Members

If you reinitialized the keyboard and a organ delivered patch doesn't work, that would indicate trouble of some sort. I owned a 6.1 about 10 years ago (still have the manual) and to be honest I hated the board. You should be able to get a delivered organ patch to provide you a leslie effect. If I recall on the 6.1 the leslie's slow/fast were engaged with the mod wheel. I think on the 6.1 the delivered organs started in the 20's. So you should be able to bring up one of the B3 organs in the 20's and the leslie should be controlled slow/fast with the mod wheel. The fact that you hear no leslie on a delivered program after reinitializing the keyboard is perplexing. Hmmm........ You should probably call/write to Alesis

http://alesis.com/contact

Archived