Total newbie with questions regarding the MOFX8, and its drum machine ability or lack there of.

R0mulux

• Members

I am looking for a keyboard/synth to use live (eventually), for practice, and recording. I am currently using a midi controller with Logic, and I haven't owned a synth in a long time. I am looking for a few things.

1. Decent Piano

2. Decent organ sounds

3. Decent synth sounds

4. Sequencer

5. Arpeggiators

6. Looping ability

7. Drum Machine (when I say drum machine I really don't know what I'm talking about. I know you can pull up drum kits and record drums parts by playing, b ut I want some loops that are already made to practice with. jazz, funk, blues styles etc.)

To my knowledge, 1-5 are covered with the MOFX8. I am not sure about 6 and I really don't know about 7.

I've been looking at the Korg Krome, S90xs, Kurzweil Cp3x (its not supported any longer), and have really been focusing on the MOFX8.

I played a Korg Krome, and it has a button for drums that would play with each sound. I thought that was ok, but I'm not sure if you can isolate those drum tracks and play with other sounds.

I've also read something about uploading or using Karma-lab? I watched a video, but I'm not sure if that is a computer specific program or something I can load and use with my keyboard alone.

Like I said, I am a total newbie. I mostly play guitar but want to venture further into the keys.

Any information would help. I really appreciate it.

Archived