Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's hear it!!!! Post your music here...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zarquin

oh, kickarse.. .. nice work

if i was wanting to do that kinda thing, i'd just get a drummer :P

He he...

Back when I composed and sequenced that tune and the others like it on my C.D. (1993-1995), I didn't have the connections I have now, nor the funds.

When I revisited the tunes in 2002-2003 I added all my guitar parts, but other than updating the sounds, I decided to leave the sequences in tact to reflect the time in my life they were created. Even then, I didn't realized I was making a C.D., I was just screwing around throwing guitar parts on old sequences.

As for the rhythm section parts (keys, bass, drums, perc), I did all of it in notation software, and it was a cool challenge.

For my next C.D. I will have a real drummer, among other things. Check my signature.

My Orchestral Compositions and Film/Production Cues

My VARIOUS Guitar-Focused Clips

My ROCK Guitar-Focused Clips

My JAZZ Guitar-Focused Clips

My FUSION CD

Facebook

"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day. That is real freedom." -David Foster Wallace

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/slebmusic

Comment

How do you format you music so it can be posted ? Sorry I am a novice at this..
        Home Studio:
        Apple Mac Mini; M-Audio Project Mix I/O; Protools 9; Yamaha S90es, CP5, MG-2414FX mixer, HS-50M, HS-80M monitors, HS-10W Sub; Kurzweil PC2 rack; Korg Triton Extreme 76, Triton rack w/ PCM 3/4, TR rack; Hammond B3 w/ Leslie 22H; Rhodes Mark II Stage/Suitcase 73 w/ Janus I Amp; Roland Juno Gi, JP 8000, Sonic Cell, XV5080 w/ SRX-6/9 & SR-JV80-8/11/12/19; Traynor K4 amp (Gigs)

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Azzarello

I'm finishing up (mixing) a number of tracks. These are nearly there, but don't expect fades or mastering. They're definitely more jazz than pop.

Daybreak (MP3)

Port Ludlow

Comments welcome.

Not bad are you playing all instruments live?

I love the sax and guitar!!!!!
          Home Studio:
          Apple Mac Mini; M-Audio Project Mix I/O; Protools 9; Yamaha S90es, CP5, MG-2414FX mixer, HS-50M, HS-80M monitors, HS-10W Sub; Kurzweil PC2 rack; Korg Triton Extreme 76, Triton rack w/ PCM 3/4, TR rack; Hammond B3 w/ Leslie 22H; Rhodes Mark II Stage/Suitcase 73 w/ Janus I Amp; Roland Juno Gi, JP 8000, Sonic Cell, XV5080 w/ SRX-6/9 & SR-JV80-8/11/12/19; Traynor K4 amp (Gigs)

Comment

Originally posted by Sjonesmusic

Hey...

Here's a clip:

ORIGINAL FUSION (from my C.D.
            Home Studio:

Comment

Originally posted by Vintagekeys

How do you format you music so it can be posted ? Sorry I am a novice at this..

basicly, get your final mix of the song and convert it to an ogg or mp3 file.

128kbps minium quality ...

then find a webspace to host it, and then paste a link to the files in here..

the webspace part is the hardest for most people ...

check whether your isp has webspace avaliable for their users.. most do. (at least here in AU)..

just read there instructions for making websites etc.. paying attention to the "uploading files" part.

There are other ways, but putting them in a proper web host is a lot better than being is some myspace style thing as i definatly don't want to sign up for any crap accounts, so im not going to listen for one... and im sure there are others...
              Nord Stage on order....
              Hurry up elves!

Comment

HOTTTT!!!! I like the Drum tracks and definately the guitar riffs

Thanks man!

Here's another....

Though this time, in addition to playing guitar on the track, I'm play acoustic drums; the bass is the only thing I sequenced on this one:

ORIGINAL FUSION (from my C.D.
                My Orchestral Compositions and Film/Production Cues

My VARIOUS Guitar-Focused Clips

My ROCK Guitar-Focused Clips

My JAZZ Guitar-Focused Clips

My FUSION CD

Facebook

"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day. That is real freedom." -David Foster Wallace

Comment

I don't normally post on this forum and this isn't even my song but this was the first time I ever heard a Hammond and Leslie in full flight. The Australian band was called 'Healing Force' and the song is 'Golden Miles' which was released in about 1971. They only released it as a single (which I believe was a studio demo) and a 'B' side before splitting up. The Hammond player was Mal Logan and the lead singer was Charlie Tumahai from New Zealand who died in 1995.

Would be a great cover tune to learn for any Hammond player as the instrument literally drives the entire song.

Golden Miles

Comment

Here's a jazz-fusion track that I've posted here a little while ago, called "A Familiar Face". It can be found here.
                    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=73567
                    Soul On Tap
                    The Coupe De Villes
                    Chris Beard Band

current gear list:
                    Yamaha MOX8, Korg Triton, Korg CX3, Korg X2, QSC K12, Rhodes Stage '73(needs new tines), Ventilator, Reason 3

"Leave the ego, play the music, love the people.." - Luther Allison

Comment

Not bad are you playing all instruments live?

I love the sax and guitar!!!!!

Thanks. Funny you picked two of the instruments that I didn't play - Maybe I should think about picking up a new instrument

I'm playing keyboards, and doing the orchestra bits behind the live drums, guitars, bass and sax. I also wrote and arranged the tunes.
                      Pat Azzarello
                      http://www.patazzarello.com

Comment

Here's a recent song I made:

http://www.muchoslocos.com/Alpsrad.mp3
                        Woo!

Comment

Here's a recent song I made:

reminds me of sioxsie and the banshees ....

...... oops just gave away my age

Comment

This is a Paul Simon cover, one of my favorite , "Still Crazy After All These Years"

The music is done on my motif7 exclusively, and the girl singer is a senior student at college, majoring in classical singing. Recorded with her $2 worth PC microphone.

http://www.163888.net/sing/music/1867325.html

"Cry me a river" ,instrumental, done on my Motif7, too.

http://www.163888.net/sing/music/1892917.html

Hope my rough works won't sound too corny to you western boys.

Comment

Here's a link to my cd "Atlantis Rising" with clips of all the songs. It's ambient electronic/ new age music - very atmospheric, with many layers of synths, electric guitar, guitar synth, and rhythmic grooves on some of the tunes.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/mdiamond

The album also features my special guest Steven Halpern.

Current synth gear list:

Korg Karma, Triton Rack,

Wavestation A/D, microKorg

Roland JD800 & 990, GR33

Kurzweil K2000R & ExpressionMate

Yamaha FS1R, Emu Morpheus

Kawai K5000R, K1m

Novation X-Station

Oberheim Cyclone

Comment

Hello,

Logic Pro has lots of nice instruments built in. I used many of them on this music:

http://www.waterandlight.net

Thanks for listening.

Might think too much, but not sure yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X