Problem With My Yamaha DGX-640: Speaker Buzzing

Tony Trout

• Members

Hey, ya'll!!  Here's a question for the keyboard enthusiasts out there:  

For the last long while, I've been getting a buzzing sound from the right speaker on my Yamaha DGX-640 88-key keyboard.  Also, the 69-71 notes/keys in the upper register sound really "dead" - like there's not any "life" in the notes when I hit them.  

What could be going on?  I'm new here and don't know how to post a video of what's going on with the keyboard.  :(  

Thanks for any help that ya'll can give! 

• Members

Do you get the same "buzz" when you plug headphones in and use them? Also, do the questionable keys still sound dead through headphones? If so, see the post above mine. If not, you can use the headphone out and plug the unit into another amp/speaker and keep on using it. I had a DGX-500 for 10-12 years.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hey, ya'll! I'm so sorry that I haven't posted since I started the thread here. Been real sick with heart problems and had to have a stent put in my chest way back in March of this year and I'm feeling better - still not my best because of chronic pain and arthritis - but at least I'm still above ground, thankfully.

As as far as the issue with my keyboard, it's actually working fine now. I don't know what the problem could have been but I'm glad that it sorted itself out on its own.

Archived