Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hammond Model #9822 electric organ - $700 (metrotown)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-12-05, 12:56AM PST

this hammond electric organ is in excellent condition
it has solid wood construction with bench
made by JJH Mclean&co Ltd Winnepeg
$700 obo
contact Garry at garrywayne248@msn.com or call 604-435-9648

1141fb1g73nf3m23l48c592e7ad9d76f91b64.jp1141g61323n53m13p88c56d25e749471e1be2.jp

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

• Members

I sometimes post my stuff on Craigslist at the same time I list it on E-bay. Normally, I'll add a small amount to allow for haggling.

I've never sold a single thing through Craigslist. As a matter of fact, my Alesis ION sat on there for maybe 2 months at $350.00. I ended up trading it for my K-2000.

The ONLY interest from Craigslist I usually get is scammers.

Used equipment flipping seemed like such a good idea, and started of promising for me, but now it's different. Dunno if it's the economy or what.

Hey, heres an idea. What about a good product, at a fair price ?

• Members

Here is one facepalm.gif

Keyboard Needed! (76-88 KEYS) - $1 (Rochester (Brighton))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-977377463@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-02, 12:00PM EST

I've been looking for an affordable but good condition electric piano keyboard with stand. 88 keys preferred, but will take 76 as well! I need affordability - and just want to play all my music!

Max $100 or so.

Thanks, email me if you want to give me a good deal! I'd really really really appreciate it.

PostingID: 977377463

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by augerinn View Post
The ONLY interest from Craigslist I usually get is scammers.

Used equipment flipping seemed like such a good idea, and started of promising for me, but now it's different. Dunno if it's the economy or what.

Hey, heres an idea. What about a good product, at a fair price ?

I actually have found some good stuff on Craigslist here and there over the years. But it has required a bit of patience. As you mentioned, there are a lot of scammers and idiots to wade through.

In the case of the $1200 JD800 guy, I (and one other forum member that I know of) have spoken to him before on the phone and over email, and he is literally delusional.

• Members

A recent favorite from my area.

Kawai SR-3 Digital Organ - $3000 (Mechanicsville)

Perfect for church, school, home or as a great Christmas gift
Excellent Condition!
Features include upper & lower keyboards with pedals
Preset instruments
Effects
Rhythm section
Auto play orchestra,tone,melody chord,one finger memory, constant
One two play w/30 preset registrations
Program card
Display
MIDI
Program sequencer
Other fittings: Stereo headphone & microphone jacks
Sound system-Power-30Wx2 Speakers25cmx2,6.5cmx2
Dimensions(W/D/H) 44 1/8 x 22 7/8 x 38 3/16
Weight-138 lbs.
Original price-$6,000.00

11c1fa1413n13md3p18ceb18b2b19eb331be2.jp

• Members

I've seen many posters trying to sell Microkorgs for $400 and claim that they're $500 msrp. That may be true, but GC, MF, and most other retailers sell them for $400.

I've also seen Microkorgs claimed to be "very rare." facepalm.gif

• Members

And perhaps the king daddy of them all. $2100 for a Korg Trinity with a faulty low D key:

Korg Trinity Keyboard + Case + Keyboard Stand- Great Condition! - $2100 (Leander, TX)
Reply to: sale-951753860@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-09, 5:32PM CST

- Gigantic 24 Mbyte PCM ROM

Please look up more about this keyboard on the internet- It is super cool. I bought this workstation in college but then got married and had kids.. no time for music anymore! Keyboard is in great shape.. the Lowest "D" key makes a slight thunk but otherwise it is like new. We are also including the extremely sturdy rolling case I bought along with it and keyboard stand.

I also have the instruction booklets!

• Members

This isn't as bad as the home organ delusions, but some guy has been trying to sell the same set of Peavy 2x15 PA speakers for a couple months, at $600 for the pair. He doesn't realize that's what they sell for new.

We have a local keyboard player who regularly posts ads about looking for a band. He does the same add about once a month. I don't think he can see the 3 ads on the same page as his that are bands looking for keyboard players. He must be picky.

Experienced Keyboardist Available (Tri-State area)
Reply to: accesswilmington@gmail.com [?]
Date: 2008-12-30, 1:08PM EST

Experienced keyboardist is seeking a working band in Delaware, PA, or South Jersey. My music preferences include Classic, Funk, R&B, Pop, Blues and Jazz. I am self-employed so playing out and rehearsing are not a problem in terms of scheduling. I sing backing vocals in alto and falsetto.

I perform with Roland instruments through twin Alesis300 amps with a split feed to the PA (if needed). Other instruments that I carry with me include a keytar and melodica.

MP3 samples and photos can be found on http://bandmix.com/filmlou/

Thanks

• Members

I wonder how many of these people were ripped off when they initially purchased the item new, and are simply trying to get some of that money back.

It happened to me when I was 14. I was young and ignorant of realistic gear pricing when I purchased a PA system from a local "ma & pa" music store. I even got a job at one of the areas worst employers so I could pay back the money to my Mom. I was SO pissed when I found out how much that shit really should've cost me. mad.gif

There's lots of talk on these forums about how we should all be supporting our local music stores. I say bullshit. My experiences have been absolutely terrible with these places. Insane prices, employees lying to you when they don't know the answer, totally screwing you on trade-in pricing.... on and on and on.

I SERIOUSLY TRUST GUITAR CENTER AND THEIR EMPLOYEES MORE THAN THESE LITTLE "FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED" OUTFITS!

• Members

I also get a laugh when, for some reason, sellers have this need to divulge superfluous details about their personal lives:

Keytar - Rare - $450 (Austin, tx)
Reply to: sale-980900967@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-05, 9:56AM CST

This keytar is rare and fully operable! Was purchased for a boyfriend as Xmas present but we broke up before I was able to give it to him, so I'm selling it!

3nf3ob3l91141471gb915300e292c3f571c9d.jp

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by zoink View Post
I also get a laugh when, for some reason, sellers have this need to divulge superfluous details about their personal lives:

Keytar - Rare - $450 (Austin, tx)
Reply to: sale-980900967@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-05, 9:56AM CST

This keytar is rare and fully operable! Was purchased for a boyfriend as Xmas present but we broke up before I was able to give it to him, so I'm selling it!

3nf3ob3l91141471gb915300e292c3f571c9d.jp
Why not reply and say

"Hey, I'm not really looking for a keytar, but do you want to go out some time?"

• Members
Alesis Ion Degital Analog synth keyboard $335 - $335 (SE Portland OR)

Reply to: sale-978073717@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-02, 5:30PM PST

I have a Alesis Ion. I have used for 1year and half and I really love it. I just need a cash so I'm selling it. This keyboard is in good condition (I have the original box too). I grue two crystals on the nobs and looks cool. I took care with a good love. You will love it too. Cash only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could only image what this thing looks like now...

bedazzler_uses.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post
Yeah Craigslist has a lot of idiots like that.

I still haven't seen anything more outrageous than the guy here in Atlanta trying to sell his Alesis QS8 for 2000 dollars a couple months ago.
Idiots, or enterprising geniuses hoping to capitalize on idiots buying their junk for top dollar...

List it at an inflated price for a while, and if you get no bites, drop the price. If you do, hey, congratulations, an idiot made your life better instead of worse like they usually do. wink.gif

That said, I think I'm going to list my Microkorg for $500 just to see what happens. wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Outkaster View Post
Here is one facepalm.gif

Keyboard Needed! (76-88 KEYS) - $1 (Rochester (Brighton))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-977377463@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-02, 12:00PM EST

I've been looking for an affordable but good condition electric piano keyboard with stand. 88 keys preferred, but will take 76 as well! I need affordability - and just want to play all my music!

Max $100 or so.

Thanks, email me if you want to give me a good deal! I'd really really really appreciate it.

PostingID: 977377463

OT: what area in Rochester are you from? I live in Irondequoit.

Archived