Hey Ma! Look! Im a synthesist! (studio pics/gear list thread)

Analog Kid

• Members

i felt like doing another gear thread... they help us keep up with everyone's kit.
so here's a pic of the synth station
StudioAK.JPG

and here's my gear-
Mesa Boogie- Dual Rec Solo head, Blue Angel, Heartbreaker, MKIV, Subway Blues, Subway Rocket, ---Strat, LesPaul, Jazz Bass,Washburn P2
TC chorus pedal, DBX minicomp, Presonus TubePre
Mics-SM57's, AKG C414, EV, ect. Phones-AKG270 Studio
Macbook
Mac desktopw/Oasys-
Clavia G2 Engine, Waldorf Microwave XTII. Future Retro Revolution, Kurzweil ExpressionMate
Roland SH-101, SP-505/808, EF-303, MC-09, D-50,Jp-8080,D2,PG-1000,VariOS,SRV-3030D, DJ-70mkII,TD-20
Motu Freestyle, DP, 828mkII,MidiTimePiece II, x2

and a few more random items

One day we'll have to make a thread about how we put it all together and make it work

please add your own list-photo

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Array
http://students.depaul.edu/~dshklyar..._2004_dark.JPG

Still just me and the Q+. I have an Alesis QS 8.1 sitting here, waiting to be sold if anyone is interested.
Every time I see a pic of the Q+ I just can't help but think how totally insane it looks! All those knobs, and doesn't it have like 100 voice poly, or somewhere close??!

• Members

of course this is when my server space goes kapput mad.gif

gotta figure out where to upload some pics smile.gif

but....

novation nova
dsi evolver
roland sh32
korg EX8000 "broken edition", soon to be upgraded to the "fixed edition"
sherman filterbank2
alesis airfx
behringer ub1622fx mixer
event TR5 monitors
roland PC 70 midi controller with super awesome happy fun time custom sustain buttons wink.gif
crap ton of software

coming soon... uc33 smile.gif

*edit*

microwave XT2? there were to different versions of it? besides the 10 voice vs 30 voice?

• Members
Originally posted by humanliteshow

Every time I see a pic of the Q+ I just can't help but think how totally insane it looks! All those knobs, and doesn't it have like 100 voice poly, or somewhere close??!
Up to 100 voices. In practice, it has about 65 depending on complexity of the patches. Honestly, I think 32 wouldve been fine. I just got it for the analog filter goodness biggrin.gif

• Members
Originally posted by myteeGTi

microwave XT2? there were to different versions of it? besides the 10 voice vs 30 voice?
Waldorf eventually switched to differant pots. I think that is what he is refferring to.

• Members

no- im pretty sure its the old rotaries-the ones where the caps all fell off, lol
actually i dont know where i got the II... i thought it said that
*looks sheepish*
its a ten voice in any event

im just sorry none of my synths have happy funtime buttons frown.gif

I'm also gathering a huge pile of non working items

• Members

Up to 100 voices. In practice, it has about 65 depending on complexity of the patches. Honestly, I think 32 wouldve been fine. I just got it for the analog filter goodness biggrin.gif
I would have got it just cause they didnt have the microQ in that color tongue.gif

Hey think if Waldorf took the body of the Wave (the original) and packed it with two Q+'s and two 30 voice Microwave XT's (through analog filters of course!) and the Attack drum synth implemented on top of all this
Mnnnnnnn
Electric Heaven

• Members

One of these days I'll get my hands on one of those newfangled digital cameras . . .

I've undergone a rethink and reorganization of my gear lately. I've taken out some stuff that I never use and eliminated 12 rack spaces of unnecessary stuff (lots of those spaces were already empty, mind you). I'm really enjoying making noise with this new setup. I also pulled a huge pile of cable out of the system, and that combined with my new patchbays has really cleaned up my noise issues.

My cases from top to bottom:
Furman RR-15
Roland SRV-3030D
Lexicon MPX-500
T.C. M300
Line 6 Echo Pro
2xRNC's
Nord Micromodular & ART TubePac (why? why!?)

Furman RR-15
MAM Warp9
Electrix FilterFactory
Behringer 5-band Parametric Squeakulizer
Behringer Composer Pro
Sherman FB2

2xNeutrik patchbays
4 space rack drawer

And on the desk:
FR-777
Evolution UC-33
Machinedrum
Behringer MX 2004A mixer
Zoom MRS-1044 hard disk recorder

Alesis M1mkII monitors
Miditech Midicontrol keyboard

Others:
Fender P-Bass Lyte
SWR Workingman's 12
Fulltone Bassdrive
EH Bass Microsynth
EH Qtron
Accoustic guitar from China

What I'm liquidating (anything you want?):
Nord Micromodular
Waldorf Pulse
Zoom RT-323
Ultimately, the MRS-1044
A bunch of Boss pedals
Fender American Std. Fat Strat
Fender Stage 100 (aka LOUD AL)

I'm going to put this dough toward a laptop, since I need one this coming year anyway. That will eliminate the MRS-1044 from the desk, and I can finally say goodbye to my P3 500. YES!!!

• Members

w00t! thats a killer setup. I wish I had a multi-tiered desk like that. My current one doesnt lend itself well to "upgrades" biggrin.gif
Thanks, it took some searching to find this customized Ikea special, but it was cheap and functional. Guess I need to update my picture as I have also just recently added an FMR Audio - Really Nice Compressor, which sounds pretty good so far.

• Members
Originally posted by synthetica
I'll play along.... Here's mine

My Studio

Of course it's always evolving it seems....wink.gif
Dude, you'd be lying if you didn't admit to seeing red blobs whenever you move away from your workstation! biggrin.gif

I am referring to your bright yellow blinds, of course. cool.gif

• Members
Originally posted by scubyfan

Dude, you'd be lying if you didn't admit to seeing red blobs whenever you move away from your workstation! biggrin.gif

I am referring to your bright yellow blinds, of course. cool.gif
Ha ha ha, yea I was wondering when someone was going to say something, Actually they came with the place, and I've never bothered to change them, It's usually a lot darker in there so much so that I don't really notice them, but the camera flash made them look pretty bright in this picture. Of course I can always pull them up and then they are not seen at all.

• Members
Originally posted by Sinner6
AfroRouge, So you did get a UC-33...how do you like it?
I would love to hear a track of yours (machine drum, 777, and sherman!)...if you ever want me to host one for you....lemme know!
Thanks, S6. Some things are coming together for me now, so maybe sometime soon. The last couple of years I've not been creating much in the way of tracks, mostly just enjoying patching. My recording facilities are horrible (the MRS-1044 is meant for singer/songwriters, not electronica, and my computer is useless) so I've spent my time learning synthesis. I'm setting out to create some tracks in the next few months, though.

The UC33 hasn't been very useful to me until now, because Sounddiver and the separate utility for my AMT8 won't work anymore, so I can't reconfigure my midi flow to fully integrate it the way I'd like. I've also been moving away from using the Micromodulars, which was a major reason I got it. I plan to set up a template for controlling parameters on the Machinedrum, and another for controlling my effects units, especially the Line 6. In general I like the feel of the unit. The sliders are reasonably nice, and it looks cool enough in the dark. I'm glad I got it, and I plan to start using it more as time goes on.

• Members

complete setup:

Fender Rhodes Stage73 Mk2 > Ibanez Ts7 > MXR Phase90 > MXR 10-band eq > Boss Tr2

into: Fender Bassman 50 (w. new knobs and logo!) > Yorkville/Celestion 212" closedback, or DI-ed with Behringer DI

Nord Electro61 v2.1 (new OS!)

Fatar Sl880

Spirit Folio Notepad > Behringer B2031 Truth's

Recording: Pentium2 266 + Soundblaster 128i (!!!)

room2.jpg

LIVE!
mosaik5.jpg

Archived