Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Ma! Look! Im a synthesist! (studio pics/gear list thread)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightChildren

Here are pics of the Atoner and the Panneur.

http://www.4mspedals.com/panneur/sev..._panneurb5.jpg

ok, those are just ****************ing cool.

I also use a hybred effects line -- MAM RS-3 Resonator, Line 6 Echo Pro, Line 6 FM-4, Kurzweil Mangler.

fun

that's right.
    "well, are you on our side?

--i doubt it.

But you don't even know who we are!!

--i still doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by TDman

Resonator -

How do you like the Kawai XD-5 (strengths/weaknesses)?

well, here's my take on that:

1. It costs about 100-150$, if you can find it (getting a little harder these days). Above all, you gotta keep that in mind.

2. There are ZERO knobs on it (2 sliders, but 0 knobs)

3. separate outs for each voice. separate.

4. sounds are great. there is a great amount of ****************ing around that can be done with them as well.

5. only triggered via MIDI

So, in the interest of not going on forever about it: It's a really wonderful, underrated, drum synth. It's cheap, and you can really get pretty much whatever you want out of it. However, you must have a MIDI sequencer which works well with ro is meant for, drum sequencing.

I can't say enough about how the piano roll type crap just doesn't fly for me as far as sequencing drums goes....

--i doubt it.

--i still doubt it.

Comment

Roald, that is a totally awesome snake.

Kiru
        "Don't sell your life! Do whatever you really want to do. You must act as the master of your life, and then become free. No matter how difficult it is, no matter how unsuccessful it might seem, do whatever you want!"
        -- Michio Kushi

The only way to settle questions of an ideological nature or controversial issues among the people is by the democratic method, the method of discussion, of criticism, of persuasion and education, and not by the method of coercion or repression.
        -- Mao Zedong

Comment

> I THINK I SEE SNAAAAAAAAAAKE OOOOOO ITS A SNAKE!!!

hahaha! Well, yeah it's a fun item, everybody talks about it when they see it. It's actually art. Or more of inbetween art and a joke: this was made by the woman who makes the very round and fat looking statues of women (more than lifesize) with those colours (and many other color schemes). I forgot her name, but she's from Amsterdam, where my sister lives. She gave me this as a present, and I love it!

Fdelvecchio! thats a great looking organ and leslie! I am sooooo envious!
          >>> www.chromelegs.nl

Comment

Resonator -

Thanx for the info! I may try to snag one...
            "Really, you've been slaving over those analog washers and dryers long enough. It's time you went down to Sears and picked up a pair of the new Kenmore digital laundry machines. Tell the salesperson you saw this great 32-track model - no, it's not in the catalog. This Mitsubishi 800 32-track digital recorder was in... Patrick O'Hearn's laundry room?"

Comment

yeah, check it out--i found one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38071

This auction is for a Kawai XD-5 Drum Module. A lot of electronica folks, myslef included, really like this box. It is a drum only synthesizer, based on the Kawai K4 synth engine. This box has way more synthesis functions than a typical drumbox, so you can get some terrific sounds out of it. There are a lot of great Kraftwerk style drum sounds onboard, and it has some good lopass filters and a groovy ring modulator. The best feature in my opinion, is that it has 8 discrete quarter inch outputs. I find drum machines absolutely useless unless they have this feature, as you can apply external effects to single sounds in your kit. I routinely routed this machine through a sherman filter bank and moog lopass, and of course it sounded amazing. you can't really do that with stereo output machines from Alesis or Roland. It has 256 onboard waveforms, and can store 16 drumkits

It is in perfect working order, with some minor scuffs, thought the front panel generally looks good.****IMPORTANT***** In one of the photos you will see that one of the data entry sliders is missing. I broke this myself a couple of years ago, and saved the knob. I put it in a safe place. Apparently much too safe, as now, when i want to repair it, it has gone completely missing. I think the studio cats have eaten it. The slider post is still intact, so it still works perfectly.

Comes with the original manual and power supply. Will I regret selling this one?...Yup...probably.

here is the description of it from vintagesynth.com

This is an awesome drum synth module that has 256 waveforms, 4 of which can be combined to create a drum sound. It also has great resonant lowpass filters and envelopes for shaping the sounds and is excellent for techno, electro and industrial drums. For effects, a delay type effect is possible as well as a ring-modulator. It also has stereo outputs plus 6 individual outs for the studio pros. Mouse On Mars might use it.

--i doubt it.

--i still doubt it.

Comment

server's back up

thanks sinner6 for offering space...

not the smartest setup. Notice the location of my monitors vs synths

can anyone spot the sleeping cat in the last pic?
                Used Dave smith instruments MEK - $900 shipped

Comment

Sleeping in the drawer?
                  Tips for Buying Synths from eBay
                  Replacing Soldered Battery w/ Replaceable Kind

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" Pink Floyd

Comment

ding!
                    Used Dave smith instruments MEK - $900 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by Puta

nice synthetica!

how do you like the Microkontrol?

can you compare the pads to mpc pads?

also how's the key responsiveness?

thanx

I like the MicroKontrol although it is finding more use in my portable rig with a laptop. Never tried the MPC pads so I can't compare these, they are a little stiffer than I thought they would be. The keys take some getting used to, since they are mini-keys but they seem to respond ok for what I use them for.
                      For effects, guitars, synths and other electronic audio devices reviews visit my blog at:www.dracotek.net

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Noise Factory

Some day we're gonna have to meet up and join forces for an all out synthfest.

Sounds like fun, although Iv'e been battling some health issues lately and seem to find less and less time and energy for this sort of thing lately. Maybe later this summer when I'm all healed up
                        For effects, guitars, synths and other electronic audio devices reviews visit my blog at:www.dracotek.net

Comment

Originally posted by synthetica

Sounds like fun, although Iv'e been battling some health issues lately and seem to find less and less time and energy for this sort of thing lately. Maybe later this summer when I'm all healed up

no problem man! I just think it's cool that someone else that I don't even know in town has a buncha stuff! Hope you get better, and sorry to hear about your health troubles.
                          —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

hey myteegti

your controller's kind of low

why dont you put the synths on the desk and the video monitors and PC on the rack? you could still leave a keyboard and mouse on the desk too, or better yet get a wireless with a trackball.
                            Analogia

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Noise Factory

no problem man! I just think it's cool that someone else that I don't even know in town has a buncha stuff! Hope you get better, and sorry to hear about your health troubles.

I wonder if there's someone in Savannah with a Antibellum plantation house full of analog?

Midnight in the garden of good and evil indeed

call me...?
                              Analogia

Comment

Originally posted by Analog Kid

I wonder if there's someone in Savannah with a Antibellum plantation house full of analog?

Midnight in the garden of good and evil indeed

call me...?

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X