Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Ma! Look! Im a synthesist! (studio pics/gear list thread)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little minimal tech rig.

yes i know. microkorg
    Noise

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy
      View Post

So why did you have your MPC2500 all apart?
      Playing synths means never having to worry about broken strings.

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802, DX100 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda Soft: FM8, OP-X
      Some of my mediocrity: Kristen's Song Pleiades Voyage to Jupiter Amazing Grace A New Beginning Young Lovers Rings of Neptune White Light

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kpatz
        View Post

Hes replacing the tape.
        Best post ever-

Originally Posted by Delicious Lamprey Problem

He doesn't have a mental disability, he's just from the Kentucky.

Feel the hatred http://www.myspace.com/theartistnotformerlyknown

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kpatz
          View Post

The Erase button didn't work. Turned out that the matrix diode for that switch wasn't fully inserted into the board during assembly and one of the legs only just touched the solder-over pad it belonged in. It probably worked for previous owners, although it may have seemed touchy. For me, it just flat didn't work. Once I discovered the problem, it was just a matter of desoldering the pad, pushing the diode's leg all the way through and resoldering. Voila! Erase button works fine now.

Except now, my MPC is no longer RoSH-compliant. I used tin/lead solder.
          Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy
            View Post

The Erase button didn't work. Turned out that the matrix diode for that switch wasn't fully inserted into the board during assembly and one of the legs only just touched the solder-over pad it belonged in...

Sort of like when I got my Andromeda where the memory backup battery feed diode was installed backwards. I unsoldered it, turned it around, resoldered, and good as new.

Except now, my MPC is no longer RoSH-compliant. I used tin/lead solder.

The tin/lead solder police will be breaking down your door any minute now... That is, after they're done with me for doing the same in my Andy...
            Playing synths means never having to worry about broken strings.

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802, DX100 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda Soft: FM8, OP-X
            Some of my mediocrity: Kristen's Song Pleiades Voyage to Jupiter Amazing Grace A New Beginning Young Lovers Rings of Neptune White Light

Comment

• Can't believe I've been posting here and never bothered to put up pics of my stuff. Awrighty then...

(S&TG now owns (owned?) my Liberation...)

this sig no verb

Comment

• OH MAN that's just sick!!!!!

How much of that stuff do you still have?
                http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

• Everything except the Liberation keytar.

...and the newest pic is four years old
                  this sig no verb

Comment

• nice shirt theo

i mean gear.
                    Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

• ELECTRIBES x 6
                      FR REVOLUTION
                      MONOMACHINE MKII
                      CS01
                      MPC500
                      & more!

Comment

• Is that the gearpr0n equivalent of pictures of women sitting on the toilet?

When next the GAS strikes, ask yourself, WWDLPD?

Comment

• Here's my little playroom. I have a couple of equipment racks under the desk, one with effects and the other with my MOTU Traveler, MIDI interface, and other stuff. On top of that rack is my very special EMAX HD. I'm running Digital Performer and can't say enough great things about it. There's nothing it can't do.

Here's a reverse angle showing my RD300 and surround speakers. Sorry guys, it's only a 606 on the mixer. For monitoring I use up to five Hafler TRM 8.1 bi-amped speakers and a matching sub for surround mixing.

The stuff next to my my mac are my surround monitor controller, XL-7, Midair 25 keyboard and Air FX. The Midair is highly recommended, it's like having a giant TV remote control, except for keyboards. The best thing I ever did in my studio to improve the sound was to move the desk away from the wall and put the speakers on speaker stands. I put the Mac on that small table when I'm mixing to get it completely out of the way of the speakers.

The (mostly) analog rig. You can't see the logo but it's an OB-8 with factory MIDI (and page 2 silk screening). I use a MPU-101 to control the monosynths via MIDI:

The stuff I'm using now, I run the CX3 through an H&K Rotosphere and it sounds great:

Access Virus KC; Akai MPC1000; Alesis D5, Masterlink; Elektron Monomachine SFX60II, Emu Emax SE HD Rack, Audity 2000; Ensoniq VFX-SD; Future Retro Revolution; Jomox XBase 09; Korg CX-3 with H&K Rotosphere, KP3 Kaoss Pad, DW8000; Kurzweil K2000 Sampler; Midair 25 & 37 wireless keyboards; Moog Source, Voyager XL; Oberheim OB8; Federation BPM; Roland V-Synth w/ D50 and Vocal Designer, JD-800, SH-101, RD200, RD350s, TR606; Sequential Circuits Pro-1; Waldorf Q Keyboard; Yamaha TX-81Z, G2 Grand Piano

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by The Real MC
                            View Post

(S&TG now owns (owned?) my Liberation...)

hey wait a minute...are you the same M.C. that I met at AHMW at the school in Indiana about 4 years ago?

If so, I guess that would now be my Liberation.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ClavAnother
                              View Post

hey wait a minute...are you the same M.C. that I met at AHMW at the school in Indiana about 4 years ago?

If so, I guess that would now be my Liberation.

Yup, I have been rumored to have been spotted at AHMW on occasion
                              this sig no verb

Comment

• RAD RECORDS TODAY...
                                http://community.webshots.com/user/radman111
                                Every picture tells a story, here's fifty.
                                Peace Love Electric RAD
                                The Radman.

Comment

Working...
                                X