Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Waldorf Rocket

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waldorf Rocket

Waldorf Monotr...eh...Rocket!

Rocket

• Analog multimode-filter (VCF) with Low Pass / Band Pass / High Pass
    • VCF-input
    • Highly flexible oscillator-section with pulse width modulation and hard sync
    • Up to 8 oscillators in unison for chords or Ultra High Density Sawtooth
    • Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) for modulation
    • Envelopes for VCA, VCF and Sync
    • Booster circuit to generate aggressive sounds
    • Arpeggiator with different rhythmic patterns
    • Glide
    • USB powered
    • MIDI in and out
    • Extensive control panel with high-end pots and switches
    • Control via MIDI and USB
    • MIDI clock sync
    • Line output
    • Loud headphone output
    • Launch key for easy pre listening

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer">I am wanting, I am thinking<br />
    To arise and go forth singing,<br />
    Sing my songs and say my sayings,<br />
    Hymns ancestral harmonizing,<br />
    Lore of kindred lyricking.<br />
    In my mouth the words are melting;<br />
    Utterances overflowing<br />
    To my tongue are hurrying,<br />
    Even against my teeth they burst.</div>

Casio Man wrote:

Waldorf Monotr...eh...Rocket!

Rocket

• VCF-input
    • Glide
    • USB powered
    • MIDI in and out
    • MIDI clock sync
    • Line output
    • Loud headphone output

So Casio Man, you just gonna dump that here and leave us, your such a tease.... :cattongue:

Attached Files
    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Bernard
      Bernard commented
      Editing a comment

LOOK LOOK...

Get....

LOOK LOOK ...

Analog Monophonic Synthesizer
      • 3 analog oscillators + 1 noise generator
      • Pulse width modulation
      • Hard sync
      • Filter FM from Oscillator 3
      • Ring Modulation from Oscillator 3
      • XOR Osc Mode
      • 8/4 Voice Paraphonic modes
      • Cascade Filter
      • 24dB/12db Lowpass, 12db Highpass/Bandpass filter modes
      • Powerful Arpeggiator
      • 8-slot Modulation Matrix
      • USB
      • MIDI
      • External analog signal input
      • Stereo line out
      • Headphone out
      • Backwards compatible with classic Pulse
      • 128x64 character backlit LCD
      • 8 stainless steel knobs
      • 500 Sound Programs
      • Electron-absorbing black case  :cattongue:

Get ...

Technical specifications:

• VCF-input
      • Glide
      • USB powered
      • MIDI in and out
      • MIDI clock sync
      • Line output
      • Loud headphone output

Interesting pattern.....

Attached Files

I don't really get Waldorf. I think the company is reaching now, and in a big way, for something to bring in some cash. It seems like all the synth builders are trying to capitalize on the demand, real or perceived, for simple desktop monosynths.

Is Waldorf even a real company eith real employees or is it a labor of love/hobby company and night-time job for whomever owns it and runs it these days?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
    <font size="3"><br />
    <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
    </i><br />
    G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

• cresshead
      cresshead commented
      Editing a comment

i just think  they are a company, trying like most other companies to make money and make a profit.

they see the lower end analogue market is opening up and would like a slice of that pie, just as much like Korg has come to realise that customers 'want analogue' because of the sound and the instant control you can get from the knobs and sliders for performance and patch creation.

Meaning u can stack up to 8 of these
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Comment

The Oscillator(s) is almost certainly digital.

The USB is the power input.  It'll come with a USB power supply, or can be powered via USB from a laptop/desktop.  This will be a nice companion to the Octatrack =o]

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed"><u>Synths:</u></font> <font face="Lucida Console">TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . Monotron</font></font><br><br><br><br><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed"><u>Drum Machines:</u></font> <font face="Lucida Console">Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick Lancet<br><br><br><br><br><br>New DJ Mix - <a target="_blank" href="http://www.mixcloud.com/ComputerControlled/acidted-question-everything/">AcidTed - Question Everything</a></font></font></div>

Comment

• Casio Man
        Casio Man commented
        Editing a comment

I always thought, that Monotrons were Korgs way of starting their analog production from baby steps and when they have components running smoothly, they could introduce something bigger at surprising cost. I was dreaming, that they would even make a new MS-20, but I thought it would have to be so expensive, that they wouldn't even think about it.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Rocket was, that in similar fashion to Korg's baby steps, this could be Waldorfs byproduct from their analog stuff, probably Pulse 2, especially as I thought the 8 oscs sounded a bit like Pulse 2s paraphonic section. 

That tuning knob...Is the "chord mode" made by tuning oscillators into fixed chords?

hmmm...digital oscs? Where does that thought come from? Price? Of course they might be talking about vco's or dco's if they were analog, and theres nothing analog connected with their oscs in their marketing rhetoric while the analogueness of the filters is made sure. If they are digital, my dreams of hybrid Waldorf might not be to far fetched.

I like it. It's limite and quirky like the Monotribe (which I think is great) and reminds me of their old 4-Pole filter. Plus it'd look nice alongside my monotribe and soon-to-be MS-20 Mini.

http://soundcloud.com/liliththekitten

Comment

• liliththekitten
        liliththekitten commented
        Editing a comment

also the CDM article and the videos make it sound really good.

Do we have a solid price yet for the US?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed"><u>Synths:</u></font> <font face="Lucida Console">TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . Monotron</font></font><br><br><br><br><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed"><u>Drum Machines:</u></font> <font face="Lucida Console">Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick Lancet<br><br><br><br><br><br>New DJ Mix - <a target="_blank" href="http://www.mixcloud.com/ComputerControlled/acidted-question-everything/">AcidTed - Question Everything</a></font></font></div>

Comment

• Casio Man
        Casio Man commented
        Editing a comment

The demos have pleased me pretty nicely too and now I'm totally in need of more Waldorf in my life...and I don't mean just salad. The demos not only have made me think about the Rocket night and day, but they also got me very intrigued about the Pulse 2 too. 

The old Pulse demos always gave me an impression of really rough sounding machine, perhaps a bit too rough for me, and I can handle some...rough handling from time to time too, but the Rocket has introduced me to Waldorfs more tender side. Of course the Pulse 2 might be a bit different than Rocket, especially oscillator wise, but then again, I believe they also share some things.

Noisebug.net is listing these as in stock right now.  It is a cute little synth, but a little underwhelming.  No attack phase on the envelopes and a common decay for filter and amp is very limiting.  I suppose that Waldorf had a price target to hit, but some things I just do not understand.  Oh well.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
      <font size="3"><br />
      <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
      </i><br />
      G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

• zoink
        zoink commented
        Editing a comment

It would be nice if Waldorf made a full featured software editor for the Rocket -- sort of the way DSI did with the Tetra -- with a fully tweakable ADSR EG, etc.

It does sound nice, and from what I can tell it pretty well covers a lot of the stock mono sounds that people would want.  You can't expect more for a little over $300. 

...which is why I hope Waldorf will sell a lot of these and get serious and release a more feature-rich mid-level monosynth (~$700) and an upper end analog polysynth.  I'm not holding my breath, but I can dream.  They could even make it a hybrid like the Prophet 12.  If Waldorf released an analog polysynth worthy of their name, I'd *sell* gear to buy it if I had to (yes, you heard me say 'sell').

They call monophonic knob-board a "rocket"?
      That sucks! We need 49-keys Q++ :catmad:

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="lightblue"><font size="1"><br />
      <b>[HW]:</b> | DP-10 | EZ-250i | Juno-D | M350 | RT-223 | SP-404 | XioSynth 49 |<br />
      <b>[monitors]:</b> | Logitech X-230 |<br />
      <b>[hosts]:</b> | BIAB+RB 2009 | Finale Printmusic! 2008 | JAMMER Pro 6 | MAGIX mm 11 | Samplitude 15 | PT 11 |<br />
      <b>[plugins]:</b> | Bandstand | Cameleon 5K | Discovery DSP | EastWest Vapor | ForteDXi | impOSCar | Rhino 2 | V-Station | VSC3 | z3ta+ |<br />
      <b>[tools]:</b> | 7Canaries | Dexster | GoldWave | <br />
      <a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=492212" target="_blank">http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=492212</a></font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
    X