The Countdown Is Back!

b3keys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry. i'm just so stoked. remember the Integra 7? Well Roland has even bigger, better things to come.

Roland will leapfrog every other manufacturer this year.

Analog synths? Ba! Roland will introduce the ASM series. ASM stands for 'analog synth musician'. It's an inflatable robot that comes in different design configurations. (Right now I'm liking the Russian lingerie model design.)

The ASM series will come with a the new redesigned Super *D50 synth. (*='D' stands for 'Duper', as in 'Super Duper.)

And the beauty of it is - the ASM series is designed to appeal to non-keyboard players! It's aimed at guitarists, drummers,

bassists and bands that can't find a good keyboard player. Non-keyboard players will buy the ASM series by the millions. The ASM series fills that previously unfilled gap in the market - for bands that don't have keyboard players.

Take it from me - Roland has BIG plans for us in 2014.

• Members

Oddly enough i don't know why the Integra gets such a bad rap.

I own / use a Microbrute, MS20, Elektron Gear (all units), Maschine a Yamaha A5000 and still find the Integra quite indispensible in the studio and have programmed a lot of extremely useful SN Synth Voices and it's my main source of percussion / drum kits when programmed with my Octatrack for example.

It replaced my JD990 Expanded and Roland D550 rack units quite nicely indeed and can easily sound as good as either when programmed well. I actually prefer its sound to my JD990 oddly enough but the SN Synth voics cver a lot of D50/D550 gorund exceptionally well also.

Each to their own I guess but I don't regret replacing either unit + my S550 Rack with just the Integra.

Mind you I also process alot of what comes out of the I-7 with Reaktor and resample bits of it into the Octatrack also but it sounds great via SPDIF input for all my bread and butter stuff.

The only thign I'd like to add to the setup currently is a Modular at some stage - looking into an Intelligel and Makenoise combo solution at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Woo-hoo!

Sadly, the epic workstation threads of yore are long gone from HC, but this one looks pretty cool, especially if it comes in under $2k MAP.

Sad that the Fantom-G's sequencing/samping functions never found their way into new products. That thing was INSANELY powerful. 128 MIDI tracks + 24 tracks of audio with REALTIME TIMESTRETCH still boggles my mind...

• Members

I still love my Integra-7 - way more outputs (fully editable - even if the PCM engine is via the front panel) and it has replaced my JD990 Expanded, D550, S550 ad Novation Nova (desktop version) in one convenient rack space in many respects. 

My E6400 Ultra & A5000 cover hardware sampling duties anyway along with the Octatrack and I have enough real analog to go round elsewhere in the studio, but if this comes in at less than an Integra-7 it should be good value. The Integra sounds stupendously good when used over SPDIF with Logic but I tend to use Valhall DSP, Melda Productions and Reaktor for processing duties on the extra analog outs when multi-tracking so over all its really flexible. I particularly like the level of articulation you can get from the Supernatural voices which take on a  whole new life with some esoteric outboard porcessing also.

If the TB-03 is real they may have my interest if the price is right and the sound is where it should be. Other wise I will focus on saving up for a custom Intelligel Modular System for theend of the year.

Archived