Best Virtual Instrument Software for Old, Vintage Instruments?

• Members

Hello,

Is there some specific virtual instrument software that specializes in vintage, old instruments? My SampleTank has some, as well as SampleTron. But I'm looking for dedicated software that is the best at emulating old, warm, analog-sounding, vintage instruments. Any leads?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I agree with Phil. Arturia makes a V-Collection that could keep you busy for quite a while. I've heard good things about Velvet. I personally use Lounge Lizard EP-4 for Rhodes, GSi VB3 for organ, OP-X Pro for Oberheim, GSi ZD6 for clav, Arturia for Wurly, Minimoog, ARP 2600, String Ensemble, CS80, Prophet 5, Jupiter 8 + all the vintage drum machines.

That about covers all (my) vintage needs. Toss in Komplete Ultimate and I've got enough to keep me busy for several lifetimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Is there some specific virtual instrument software that specializes in vintage, old instruments? My SampleTank has some, as well as SampleTron. But I'm looking for dedicated software that is the best at emulating old, warm, analog-sounding, vintage instruments. Any leads?

The same company that makes SampleTank and SampleTron also has Sonik Synth 2 which sounds like it might be the product of theirs that is closest to what you're looking for. Another possibility could be Electric Keys from MOTU. Though as you can tell from the other answers, it seems these kinds of "kitchen sink" collections are not as commonly used as dedicated VSTs for the various emulations (Rhodes, Wurli, various synth emulations, mellotrons, Hammond organ, etc. each in their own packages).

Archived