Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAIA SH-01: Synthesizer
    Flash Back, Flash Forward
    .features
    With its massive sound, hands-on ease, and affordable price, the GAIA SH-01 is a high-performance value with old-school charm. The triple-stacked engine puts potent virtual analog synthesis under your fingertips, yet the control panel is so fun, friendly, and inviting, even first-timers can create great sounds. The signal flow is simple to grasp, with logically arranged knobs, sliders, and buttons. Hands-on control and fat sound make this little powerhouse a joy for music students, songwriters, session players, and live performers of all styles and skill levels.

Huge sound with three virtual analog engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO
    Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more
    64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop-out
    Fun, hands-on control panel that
    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Nice with a Roland System 700 in the back in the first video
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Morten Jensen<br />
      <br />
      Access Virus TI keyboard<br />
      Korg Kronos 61(SOON)(Karo KMP,KVA,KTC1,KTC2,KMC,KDC and KGA and KPB MOOG TAURUS)<br />
      Roland SH 01 GAIA with SonicCell with SRX 07<br />
      Yamaha TG 500</div>

Comment

• GAIA looks good so far. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop....does it have aftertouch?
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Keyboards:</b> Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350<br><br><br><br><b>Guitar Stuff:</b> Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)</div>

Comment

• OK, so here is what appears to be new on the GAIA:

Battery powered.

3 completely separate synth voices, which appear to be single-oscillator. So instead of have a 3 OSC synth that mixes the oscillators before heading to the filter and amp, each OSC in the GAIA gets its own complete path with its own filter and amp. Very interesting.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.</font></div>

Comment

• 3 completely separate synth voices, which appear to be single-oscillator. So instead of have a 3 OSC synth that mixes the oscillators before heading to the filter and amp, each OSC in the GAIA gets its own complete path with its own filter and amp. Very interesting.

Depends on if you can link the filters or have FM/Sync/ringmod between the oscillators. Otherwise it's like most ROMplers just with VA, non sample based waveforms.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">For furry little criiters and G-ed up hustlas with emotional problems...<br />
            <br />
            <a href="http://www.fusionanomaly.net" target="_blank">http://www.fusionanomaly.net</a><br />
            <br />
            &quot;She’s obviously ‘manly’ enough to pull off a male persona, and I’d wager she has the penis to prove it.&quot;<br />
            <br />
            &quot;I was saying Boo-urns.&quot;</div>

Comment

• 64-voice polyphony? What's the use of that? It doesn't even seem to be multitimbral.

Also, I'm now guessing this isn't in Korg R3's price range?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by soundxplorer
                View Post

OK, so here is what appears to be new on the GAIA:

Battery powered.

3 completely separate synth voices, which appear to be single-oscillator. So instead of have a 3 OSC synth that mixes the oscillators before heading to the filter and amp, each OSC in the GAIA gets its own complete path with its own filter and amp. Very interesting.

that's the impression I got.. interesting.. can each one be addressed via midi individually? synced would also be a nice option... a wicked option.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
                <b>Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you! </b><br />
                <br />
                <a href="http://www.computermusicguide.com" target="_blank">Computer Music Guide</a><br />
                <br />
                </font></div>

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by The Severalist
                  View Post

Depends on if you can link the filters or have FM/Sync/ringmod between the oscillators. Otherwise it's like most ROMplers just with VA, non sample based waveforms.

Tone 1 and 2 can be synced or ring modulated by the looks of the front panel

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by The Severalist
                    View Post

EDIT: Bernard beat me to it.

It appears as though you can sync and ringmod Tone 1 with Tone 2.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.</font></div>

Comment

• 世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• In that case it looks alright. Like an R3 or MiniAK type synth with a better interface (and likely a bit of a price difference.) Could be fun.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">For furry little criiters and G-ed up hustlas with emotional problems...<br />
                        <br />
                        <a href="http://www.fusionanomaly.net" target="_blank">http://www.fusionanomaly.net</a><br />
                        <br />
                        &quot;She’s obviously ‘manly’ enough to pull off a male persona, and I’d wager she has the penis to prove it.&quot;<br />
                        <br />
                        &quot;I was saying Boo-urns.&quot;</div>

Comment

• It still retains the simple signal flow without the kindergarden styling of the 201
                          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Those Roland's videos are lame. Lots of stupid talk and little actual sounds. And those few sounds that are demonstrated are quite crappy and sound like amateur synthedit VST.

Comment

• 5 stackable effects sounds like a first
                              世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• the high polyphony and "variation" waveforms seem reminiscent of the sh-32...
                                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font size="1">as of now: fusion 6hd, motif 6, rs7000 + siel MONO</font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                                X