Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: The Photography Thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this shouldn't be in this thread, but remember vietnam war's napalm girl photo ? this is her now, living in toronto

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme
      View Post

this shouldn't be in this thread, but remember vietnam war's napalm girl photo ? this is her now, living in toronto

Always wondered what happened to her... **************** WAR!!!
      世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd
        View Post

I already have Canon lenses & other attachments, so I'm kinda locked in to the brand.

And the auto-focus improvements in the T4i may be just firmware jigpokery, in which case the Magic Lantern geeks will crack it. It does step up to internal stereo mics, but I'm already used to using externals anyway; built-ins pick up too much mechanical noices.

It's a new camera

A new sensor with on sensor auto focus..

Loads of others small improvements.

These entry level Canons get changed out every year. This one was slightly overdue after the probs in Japan...

Always the way with this stuff... Anyway if you can not cancel and wait just enjoy your new Camera

Update... High ISO yes improved, less colour in the noise so more pleasing to the eye...

Normal range of ISO no improvement, the test I saw it was almost a tad behind the the T3i...

At 1600 ISO the G1x is less challenged by some colours (Red)... Different team at Canon I guess.. Shame they did not make better use of the Digic 5...
        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd
          View Post

But, srsly, why do the cams with full frame sensors cost more than the ones with APS-C?

Shens, I say again!

It's to do with the number they can fit on a silicon wafer when manufactured. IE far less Full Frame sensors than smaller sensors. It is also said that a larger sensor area increases the chance of a defect making rejection rates higher per sensor on full frame production. Also the optical elements such as the AA filter are not cheap so a larger unit (frame) adds to cost.

I suspect the Marketing department grab their product positioning slice. It just seems that DSLR's are over priced at the high end and the lager the frame the worse that over pricing gets.
          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• PS.. the touch screen on that new Canon is also a first for them IIRC and that looks quite swish...
            世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Bernard
              View Post

It's a new camera... you can not cancel and wait just enjoy your new Camera

I've waited more than long enough. I'm certain I'll get lots of enjoyment from this one.

ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme
                View Post

Aw crap, really?? We JUST bought my wife a T3i.
                Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

• px;paddingpx;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }" />

Don't Look if you just bought a T3i

px;paddingpx;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }" />

NO REALLY... Please don't do it to yourself

px;paddingpx;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }" />

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• I've been reading/studying/researching/asking questions/and even answering them sometimes/etc about the T3i basically since it came out, and just when I'm finally getting ready to pull the trigger, a newer one in the same lineup is released.

Sometimes I hate technology advances.
                    Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
                    You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
                    Click here to search HC forums.
                    SoundClick
                    SoundCloud
                    YouTube

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean
                      View Post

I've been reading/studying/researching/asking questions/and even answering them sometimes/etc about the T3i basically since it came out, and just when I'm finally getting ready to pull the trigger, a newer one in the same lineup is released.

Sometimes I hate technology advances.

I was reading about this a couple of days back on a rumor site and they got the PentaPrism bit wrong, it is still a PentaMirror viewfinder.

Also reading a recent review of the real camera, it seams the PD AF ''on the sensor'' is only in the center and not spread across the frame. With the new STM lenses which can work with both PD AF and CD AF they can work across the whole area and take advantage of the PD AF intelligence.

Still quite a few jumps in technology and that bit more interesting to you if you also want to do video and use that new video optimized STM zoom lens

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news...iled-previewed
                      世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Canon 200mm f/2.8L USM Review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2JV7THVvKA

Dig Rev getting into hot water... Kai taking the pee out of football and booze etc... Vid now made private

It's a shame as it was a good lens to review. He went a tad overboard on the acting
                        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• Just bought this cute litle bugger on Friday. Fuji is really doing some cool stuff these days.

My VCAs go to 11

Comment

• Fujis are good. I've been pleased with mine for several years.
                            ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

• Med

Here is the answer to what the older Movie AF must be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca_Cd2mX03w

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• lol Bernard, don't you think it's kinda unfair to judge the face-detection feature by pointing the camera at a cell phone?

I saw a vid of a dirt biker moving fast being filmed by a T3i at a relatively close range and he appeared well in focus, or maybe it was just a false impression since...hmm... read below

zzzxtreme, next time please do NOT announce any good news UNTIL I buy the PREVIOUS Canon Rebel!

Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
                                You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
                                Click here to search HC forums.
                                SoundClick
                                SoundCloud
                                YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X