Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, that lens is more expensive than the camera I want to buy [Panasonic FZ150], lol.

Congratulations!

I like the sharpness and the beautiful colors. I am not sure what it is, but there is something unique about your photos. If you did wedding photography for example, the shots would look memorable
    Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
    You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
    Click here to search HC forums.
    SoundClick
    SoundCloud
    YouTube

Comment

• Hey thanks =o] There's a reason this lens isn't cheap =o] Here's a few i did yesterday testing out the custom B&W mode i made on my camera.

Untitled by Computer Controlled, on Flickr

This lens has not left my camera since i got it!
      Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

• what's everyone's beliefs on "enhancing" photography? software corrections, and/or over emphasizing or saturating?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by wwwjd
          View Post

what's everyone's beliefs on "enhancing" photography? software corrections, and/or over emphasizing or saturating?

All forms of Photography involve some image alteration:

Hoodless lens = more flair and a less contrasty image

Poor filter = more of the above plus what ever the filter was supposed to do

Poor lens = more of the above plus some other nasties such as chromatic aberration, vignetting and distortions

Poor sensor DR = need for HDR and therefore a break in the concept of a captured moment

Poor sensor cross talk = light spill, noise and false colour

Poor sensor design = bayer matrix and associated false colour and Moir
          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• I always adjust the contrast using Nik Software's Color Efex Pro plug in, since the OOC pics are never contrasy enough for my tastes. I also use Alien Skin's Exposure plug in to adjust the colors. Usually i'll saturate them somewhat, as i love highly saturated colors. But i also will de-saturate sometimes for a more vintage film like look.

Here is the same image i took earlier today. The first one has added PP using the Color Efex Pro to alter the contrast, then Alien Skin's Exposure using an altered preset i made based off of vintage Kodak Film from the late 60s, early 70s. The 2nd one is unaltered, OOC.

Wall Chairs by Computer Controlled, on Flickr

Wall Chairs by Computer Controlled, on Flickr
            Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

• m'kay. as a newb, I used to look at all the great photos out there and wonder, "why don't mine EVER look like that? so clear, so realistically colorful?" I assumed ALL great photographs were from amazingly expensive cameras by amazingly skilled photographers. Then I discovered the tools - which I thought were cheats - and found ways to make stuff look cooler than reality. Now I simply assume all great photos are probably "retouched" - not that there is anything wrong with that. Afterall, they are designed to look great everywhere, even all our out of whack low color range LCD monitors, since most of us probably don't have those over expensive professional grade monitors.

Comment

• some stuff i done

Comment

• Choo Choo at night

Comment

• a few new ones to share:

Chevy at the Levee

Coit Tower & Eclipse

GUITARS: Benedetto Custom 7, Benedetto Benny 7, Benedetto Andy 6, Sakashta 7, Palen 7, Carvin CS6 + misc solid bodies...
                    The Duo
                    Video Clip

Comment

• Mark of a Master

GUITARS: Benedetto Custom 7, Benedetto Benny 7, Benedetto Andy 6, Sakashta 7, Palen 7, Carvin CS6 + misc solid bodies...
                      The Duo
                      Video Clip

Comment

• Untitled by Computer Controlled, on Flickr

This one was converted to B&W using Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro, then used the "Selective Coloring" option to bring back the Red in the wheel.

Session 9 by Computer Controlled, on Flickr

Comment

• Untitled by Computer Controlled, on Flickr

Comment

• here are two shot from exactly the same spot:

Lime Point Lighthouse

Fireworks!

The Duo
                            Video Clip

Comment

• OK, Ima get one. BHPhoto has the T3i with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens for $750, or the body only for $619. I already have a 28-200 EF lens that I really like (it's like a portrait lens and tele in one), but that effectively becomes a 42-300 on the T3i. That might still be a good walking around lens, but I think I'd better get the 18-55 for wideness. Oh, and they throw in an extra battery or 16GB with either kit. No tax, free shipping.

Anyone know of better prices?

And BTW, how come digicams with full frame pickups cost more than cams with smaller ones. It's supposed to cost more to miniaturize stuff. I call shens!

ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd
                                View Post

OK, Ima get one. BHPhoto has the T3i with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens for $750, or the body only for $619. I already have a 28-200 EF lens that I really like (it's like a portrait lens and tele in one), but that effectively becomes a 42-300 on the T3i. That might still be a good walking around lens, but I think I'd better get the 18-55 for wideness. Oh, and they throw in an extra battery or 16GB with either kit. No tax, free shipping.

Anyone know of better prices?

And BTW, how come digicams with full frame pickups cost more than cams with smaller ones. It's supposed to cost more to miniaturize stuff. I call shens!

How strange. I was in the same position until just yesterday when I won an auction for that lens [used Canon EF-S 18-55mm for $86]. I have a tight budget so I'm thinking of getting the T3i body and perhaps the Canon 50mm f/1.8 prime lens for $109, which I suggest you buy because it's fast [all-around lens, good for day and night], unless your telephoto lens is as fast as the 50mm at its widest aperture.

You're lucky there's no tax for you [I am in NY state, where B&H is ]. I couldn't find any mention of a free extra battery or a 16GB card. Where did you see it exactly? The battery is $45.

As far as prices, I couldn't find a cheaper brand-new T3i elsewhere. If somebody knows, please let us know

P.S: the crop factor for Canon APS-C sensors is 1.6, not 1.5
                                Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
                                You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
                                Click here to search HC forums.
                                SoundClick
                                SoundCloud
                                YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X