Enough Fooling Around! CASIO WK 2014!!!!!

• Members

Casio,is set to release something that will CHANGE the direction of WORKSTATION KEYBOARDS.

ROLAND could have taken advantage, with their excellent SUPERNATURAL soundset, from a couple of years ago, but the soundset was contained in a PERFORMANCE Keyboard and NOT Workstation,

The sounds from the keyboard were excellent, but lost in the context of "performance"-which is why MOST of their DEMOS, just didn't " sound right".

And any promises of a TRUE Workstation Keyboard, JUST didn't happen! (At least not yet)

Casio has already "set the stage": with the intro of the PX-5S this past spring. Just THIS demo was enough to get me excited:

https://soundcloud.com/skyy38/px5s-guitar-bass-organ-and

The "AIR Chip" is already in place, but that makes me wonder about how a FULLY FUNCTIONAL Workstation Keyboard will sound-Will French Horns and Trumpet follow suit, since CASIO nailed the Guitar,Organ and Bass?

January NAMM. Stay tuned!

• Members

new direction of workstaion keyboards .... you say? ...

hard to imagine that anyone else but korg is able to add SSD audio streaming and recording, a number of different synthesis methods, dynamic multieffects, smooth instantly switchable mixed programm and performance setlist, integrated generated midi autoaccompaniment, smoth velocity and keyboard zone crossfades and something even more exciting (to set new direction) into a keybord workstation.

It is a real challenge and I'd like to wish good luck to Casio then and also be glad to see real competition there.

• Members

Hmmm... Creating a fully-fledged sequencing/sampling/audio recording workstation doesn't seem like it'd be worth it in 2014. An insane amount of UX and firmware work for what's currently a tiny market.

If it happens, it'll likely be for corporate strategy, not because Casio expects to sell a ton of 'em.

The age of all-in-one workstations is sadly over.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

workstation M.I wrote:

Casio,is set to release something that will CHANGE the direction of WORKSTATION KEYBOARDS.

ROLAND could have taken advantage, with their excellent SUPERNATURAL soundset, from a couple of years ago, but the soundset was contained in a PERFORMANCE Keyboard and NOT Workstation,

The sounds from the keyboard were excellent, but lost in the context of "performance"-which is why MOST of their DEMOS, just didn't " sound right".

And any promises of a TRUE Workstation Keyboard, JUST didn't happen! (At least not yet)

Casio has already "set the stage": with the intro of the PX-5S this past spring. Just THIS demo was enough to get me excited:

The "AIR Chip" is already in place, but that makes me wonder about how a FULLY FUNCTIONAL Workstation Keyboard will sound-Will French Horns and Trumpet follow suit, since CASIO nailed the Guitar,Organ and Bass?

January NAMM. Stay tuned!

*********************************************************************************

The new Casio Workstations have been announced, but I'm a bit puzzled.

The sound source for the WK 7600 is listed as "Tri Element AHL". Does this have anything to do with the AIR Chip that powers the PX-5S? Or is it a step *beyond*? Or is it .......*below*....?

In other news, Roland may , at last, be tired of ME complaining about THEM offering "Supernatural Sounds" in a bonafide Workstation:

THIS may be the case, but , once again, ROLAND like YOU and everybody else, STILL fail to make a solid case for soundtrack composers, and I DON'T mean HANS ZIMMER( present Hans Zimmer)

BUT, back in the day, when Zimmer was "hungry" he fooled EVERYONE with this:

Zimmer could NOT have forseen that MOST of these sounds, would be contained in a little keyboard , to be known, as the Casio MZ 2000, and then the Casio WK 1350...

1989 was a brave time to "fake acoustic"!

Archived